Old 13-06-2006, 07:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Peru project

Very nice article here about a research project in Peru. Helping with
something like this would be my dream.

Reka

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/living/14794065.htm
Old 13-06-2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Reka,

I got to spend several days with Becca Repasky on my trip to Peru in April -
the reporter who wrote this series had just left to go back to the states
when Becca joined us.

Becca showed us her photos - the stuff she's finding is incredible and there
are going to be more than 5 new species when it's all said and done. Eric
Christenson is going to help her write articles for various journals once
she gets back.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 14-06-2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Are there really any vibrant blue orchids in South America, or was the
reporter just naming colors at random?
-danny

Old 14-06-2006, 08:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Quite possibly. I certainly can't think of one off the top of my head.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org