Old 13-06-2006, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Funny quote of the day (NOT OT!!!)

"When he got the orchid bug, he just couldn't stop. Gaymon read books
and began to do tissue cultures. He started working with mirror
stemming, turning one specimen into many."

Har! Stupid journalist!! What can more you expect from a "Life
Editor"...didn't take the time to look up a term she didn't understand!

Any of you guys growing your orchids in the bathroom notice them
spontaneously cloning themselves in front of the mirror?

Reka (Ray, this guy is from PA.)

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...WS01/606120304
Old 13-06-2006, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:11:47 +0200, Reka
wrote:

"When he got the orchid bug, he just couldn't stop. Gaymon read books
and began to do tissue cultures. He started working with mirror
stemming, turning one specimen into many."

Har! Stupid journalist!! What can more you expect from a "Life
Editor"...didn't take the time to look up a term she didn't understand!

Any of you guys growing your orchids in the bathroom notice them
spontaneously cloning themselves in front of the mirror?

Reka (Ray, this guy is from PA.)

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...WS01/606120304

Could be spell checker reliance contributed as well. It often turns
the world upside down if you don't triple check what it created out of
an unfamiliar term.
SuE
Old 13-06-2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Spell check....I remember a story years ago about the business section of a
newspaper. They were writing about a company being back in the black. Before
they went to print, Spell check changed it to "back in the African
American"!

That said, some of the stories about orchids are written so poorly that they
are useless to us and harmful to newbies.

Diana

Old 13-06-2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Spell Check Woes -- OT

In my 2nd job (lawyer), I see lots of spell-check problems. My favorite,
which actually occurred (glad I was not the author), was a two-fer -- a
"Trail Brief" filed in the District Court of the "Untied" States of America
.... Kenni

great quote of the day Birchy Ponds 0 29-03-2005 05:19 PM
PLONK*please don't feed or quote the troll Leon Trollski Gardening 2 23-02-2005 10:37 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] good quote (non-bonsai, but related) Lynn Boyd Bonsai 0 12-01-2004 04:44 AM
Does this sound like a reasonable quote? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 4 03-09-2003 06:02 PM