Old 15-06-2006, 01:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default "Mirror Stemming"

I emailed the publication about the error, admonishing them for not doing
sufficient research...

Received this today:

"Thanks for info on meristem.

I did look and did not find it and planned to pursue it. When the copy desk
demanded the story, I forgot to go back to it.

I really get upset when I put wrong information out there.

We are correcting it on the Web site. If I do more on orchids, I will be
sure to visit your site.

Thanks.

Marta Gouger

Pocono Record Lifestyle Editor

511 Lenox St.

Stroudsburg, PA 18360

(570) 420-4343

(800) 756-4237, ext. 343

Fax: (570) 421-6284"

Old 15-06-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Well, that's a decent mea culpa, anyway. Good for you for calling them out
on it. It still doesn't make up for the myriad of other erroneous articles
on orchids, including some in the NY Times, which is quickly becoming bird
cage liner.

Can't give it up yet, though. It's an ingrained habit.

Diana

Old 18-06-2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

That paper probably won't win any Bullet Surprises.

J. Del Col