GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Very large Pots for Joe T (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/147293-very-large-pots-joe-t.html)

Ray 02-07-2006 08:04 PM

Very large Pots for Joe T

Joe,

I was at a local garden store, and they had these terra cotta-colored
plastic pots as much as 20" in diameter. Plug the holes in the bottom (or
glue the tray on the inside), drill a couple of holes in the side and
voila! - a mega S/H pot!

jtill 02-07-2006 08:47 PM

Very large Pots for Joe T

Ray wrote:
Joe,

I was at a local garden store, and they had these terra cotta-colored
plastic pots as much as 20" in diameter. Plug the holes in the bottom (or
glue the tray on the inside), drill a couple of holes in the side and
voila! - a mega S/H pot!

Thanks Ray, I went and found those pots! Sitting right by them were
these 12 and 16 inch MISCO pots that have a side spout at the bottom.
You must have designed these things, perfect! Half the interior bottom
is slotted shelf and half dips into the very bottom . They are short as
compared to regular pots, and, light weight. The amount of O2 contact
must be near 50 square inches. The rest is P/A contact.

These things must hold five gallons of P/A! :-O!
Joe T
Baytown