Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default Eric Hansen

I'm just starting Eric Hansen's book on his first travels to Borneo:
'Stranger in the Forest' Anyone else read it? I've tried to start it 3
times, but the timing just wasn't right. I've been reading more reality
based books than fiction these days, so the stars may be in the right
houses.

K Barrett
Old 08-07-2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
emntee

K Barrett wrote:
I'm just starting Eric Hansen's book on his first travels to Borneo:
'Stranger in the Forest' Anyone else read it? I've tried to start it 3
times, but the timing just wasn't right. I've been reading more reality
based books than fiction these days, so the stars may be in the right
houses.

K Barrett

Hi Kath

I read it some years ago. No orchid stuff but one hell of a read.
Fourth time lucky. Go do it

Tony

Old 08-07-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

emntee wrote:
K Barrett wrote:

I'm just starting Eric Hansen's book on his first travels to Borneo:
'Stranger in the Forest' Anyone else read it? I've tried to start it 3
times, but the timing just wasn't right. I've been reading more reality
based books than fiction these days, so the stars may be in the right
houses.

K Barrett

Hi Kath

I read it some years ago. No orchid stuff but one hell of a read.
Fourth time lucky. Go do it

Tony

Thanks Tony! I shall!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
I'm just starting Eric Hansen's book on his first travels to Borneo:
'Stranger in the Forest' ...

I've not read it, but if that is a region you're interested in, try
Alfred Russell Wallace's book, --The Malay Archipelago--.

J. Del Col

For Tenman - Eric Hunt's photo K Barrett Orchids 4 05-03-2009 08:37 PM
POE Eric K Barrett Orchids 5 20-02-2007 09:46 PM
Stranger in the Forest - Eric Hansen K Barrett Orchids 2 29-07-2006 12:57 AM
Long awaited update to Eric's species photo website - Ecuador photos! Eric Hunt Orchids 0 01-04-2004 06:52 PM
Web space Attn Eric K Barrett Orchids 8 30-03-2004 02:07 PM