GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/147670-looking-cattleyas-their-relatives-volume-ii-laelias.html)

Duncan V 13-07-2006 08:14 PM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

If anybody knows where to get a copy of this or is willing to part with
thiers u would make someone very happy.

Duncan

K Barrett 13-07-2006 09:09 PM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

I recently got one from Amazon, used. You can try Half.com too.

K Barrett

Duncan V 14-07-2006 01:00 AM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I recently got one from Amazon, used. You can try Half.com too.

K Barrett

No luck on either of those. I was hoping someone was bored with thier copy.

Susan Erickson 14-07-2006 02:10 PM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:00:53 GMT, "Duncan V"
wrote:

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I recently got one from Amazon, used. You can try Half.com too.

K Barrett

No luck on either of those. I was hoping someone was bored with thier copy.

The Denver Botanic Gardens had it in their bookstore last weekend.
New for $43 I believe. You could see if they would ship. Try a
Botanic garden near you. It was a case of buying when new and not
selling all the copies.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

K Barrett 14-07-2006 04:44 PM

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:00:53 GMT, "Duncan V"
wrote:

"K Barrett" wrote in message
m...
I recently got one from Amazon, used. You can try Half.com too.

K Barrett

No luck on either of those. I was hoping someone was bored with thier
copy.

The Denver Botanic Gardens had it in their bookstore last weekend.
New for $43 I believe. You could see if they would ship. Try a
Botanic garden near you. It was a case of buying when new and not
selling all the copies.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

I also remembered Alibris.com and even better ABEbooks.com
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...thner&y=8&x=80

K Barrett

K Barrett 14-07-2006 05:04 PM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:00:53 GMT, "Duncan V"
wrote:

"K Barrett" wrote in message
om...
I recently got one from Amazon, used. You can try Half.com too.

K Barrett

No luck on either of those. I was hoping someone was bored with thier
copy.

The Denver Botanic Gardens had it in their bookstore last weekend.
New for $43 I believe. You could see if they would ship. Try a
Botanic garden near you. It was a case of buying when new and not
selling all the copies.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

I also remembered Alibris.com and even better ABEbooks.com
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...thner&y=8&x=80

K Barrett

My goodness! Seems like you can't find that book used anywhere on the
planet!! Heck, I'll sell you mine for $500.... no better yet, make that
500L (or however you make the British Pound sign) *G*

K Barrett

Duncan V 14-07-2006 11:57 PM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

My goodness! Seems like you can't find that book used anywhere on the
planet!! Heck, I'll sell you mine for $500.... no better yet, make that
500L (or however you make the British Pound sign) *G*

K Barrett

I found a copy in New Zealand. I will try Denver as they are much closer.
Thanks for all the help.

Duncan

Edmond Cormier 16-07-2006 01:53 AM

Looking for The Cattleyas and Their Relatives : Volume II: The Laelias

is it the Carl Withner book somebody is looking for. I have it. I guess I
could part with it.Contact me, maybe we could make a deal
Ed Cormier