Old 27-08-2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Just another reason not to like the AOS

Of course they release the update for the eAOS program ON A FRIDAY so that
if you have trouble updating you won't get help ALL FREAKING WEEKEND LONG!!!
Assholes

K Barrett

Old 27-08-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Kathy,

Obviously you did not follow their manual:

http://www.iamanangelchaser.com/expr...gery_large.jpg

Old 27-08-2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
Of course they release the update for the eAOS program ON A FRIDAY so that
if you have trouble updating you won't get help ALL FREAKING WEEKEND LONG!!!
Assholes

Were they holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do this?

J. Del Col

Old 27-08-2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Kathy, you really need to learn how to get your true feelings out. Holding
them in isn't healthy..........

Diana

Old 27-08-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I nearly snapped too when I tried to follow those email direction. When you
get to the download/upgrade area online you get presented with a list of
upgrades.

Following the direction of these upgrades is easier than following the
directions in the email.

Upgrade the program first. (the first download)

Then download the next upgrade (a zip file with the word May in it) into
the same folder as the e-aos program and start the program and it will tell
you it found an upgrade and ask if you want to unzip it. Once you tell it
to install the upgrade, go away for 45 minutes. It will tell you to wait,
but this will make you nuts.

After this you must download the next four upgrades (June, July Aug and
Sept. zip files) into the e-aos program folder before you restart the
program. It will tell you it found new upgrades and ask if you want to
unzip them. Say yes and go away for an hour and half. It will tell you to
wait, but waiting will make you nuts. You will think nothing is happening
BUT do not stop the process or you will corrupt the main program and then
you will have contact the aos customer service department.

Remember the program was made by volunteers, so don't expect anything and
you won't be disappointed. Besides being tempted to stop the upgrade
process while 'waiting" you may also be tempted to use an unzip program on
the zip files. Ignore this temptation. The e-aos upgrade you downloaded
first will do all the unzipping for you. Just make sure you do everything
in the correct order and don't stop once you start.

If it is your user-ID or order number that you need try typing a "w" in the
order number field when you log on. My web-browser is set up to remember
what was typed there last time something was entered and all I need to do it
put the first letter in and the rest of the order number shows up. I think
all the order numbers start with W. And I think most browsers are set by
default to do this so unless you turned off this feature, it may work.

A gun to your head might be a kinder, gentler approach....but then we ARE
dealing with the aos. Once all the upgrading is finished, please let me
know if you find anything new that wasn't there before. I think there may
be some new pictures but I haven't had time to play with it.

After th

Sorry. I snapped. I apologize, J.

Old 27-08-2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

PS. You must download ALL FOUR zip files before starting the upgrade.
Unlike the first zip file and the program upgrade that preceded it, you can
not download and install each one separately. All four of the final
upgrades must be present when this step of the upgrade begins.

news

Old 28-08-2006, 09:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
OK, Ok! LOL!! You got me to laugh. I'll stop taking myself so seriously!

K Barrett

K. What a blessing, you are back. When I read your first post, I was
afraid you were abducted by aliens or the photo police. Naming no
names.

Old 28-08-2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'm trying to put the program on a second computer. I have it on my
desktop, and I waited to install it on my laptop because I wanted to get a
newer/lighter laptop. But that ain't a-gonna happen, so I decided it was
time to put it on the laptop.

I needed a new registration code for the second computer. I thought the old
code would work, but no. So Saturday I had to bug Pam Giust for a new code,
which she gave me this AM. Fine.

I upgraded to v2.1 OK, but the may2006 (the 1st) download doesn't want to
unzip and install. It may be that I've managed to corrupt it. It may be
that I didn't wait 45 minutes for the info to unzip. I only waited 15
minutes. I don't recall it taking that long for the desktop, but there you
are. I've had to bug Pam a second time to try to figure out how I screwed
up this time.

I think Pam must be living through a version of hell. The fellow who sits
across from her has his liver eaten every day by a vulture. On the opposite
side is a Buddhist monk who gets more legs with each incarnation.

"Al" wrote in message
PS. You must download ALL FOUR zip files before starting the upgrade.
Unlike the first zip file and the program upgrade that preceded it, you

can
not download and install each one separately. All four of the final
upgrades must be present when this step of the upgrade begins.

news

Old 29-08-2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

From what I've heard about eAOS, it will only install on two computers. More
than that, I do not know. But that fact alone is a problem for societies
that would use it for shows. We have several computers going on in the
judging room.

Diana

. ..

"Al" wrote in message
PS. You must download ALL FOUR zip files before starting the upgrade.
Unlike the first zip file and the program upgrade that preceded it, you

can
not download and install each one separately. All four of the final
upgrades must be present when this step of the upgrade begins.

news