GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Name Tag Illegible???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/149153-name-tag-illegible.html)

wendy7 29-08-2006 03:19 AM

Name Tag Illegible????

Found an illegible name tag while repotting. Any ideas?
C. mossiae W_ _ es_ _erie?

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

K Barrett 29-08-2006 04:46 PM

Name Tag Illegible????

Wendy, is the flower white with a spot of yellow in the lip? If so, it
could be wageneri as Gene and B.H. say. If not its another clonal, but not
one from teh AOS judging system, may be RHS (??)

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
C. mossiae var wageneri?

Can I buy a vowel?

wendy7 29-08-2006 04:57 PM

Name Tag Illegible???? Thanks

My thanks to Kathy, Gene & Joe,

Looking at the tag again, I think we've got it. C. mossiae Var. Wageneri
The tag was written by a 90yr old man. The plant was a backend, struggling,
so no flowers but will make a note in my data base re the color.
Thanks again,

Dusty 30-08-2006 12:36 PM

Name Tag Illegible???? Thanks

"wendy7" wrote in

My thanks to Kathy, Gene & Joe,

Looking at the tag again, I think we've got it. C. mossiae Var.
Wageneri
The tag was written by a 90yr old man. The plant was a backend,
struggling, so no flowers but will make a note in my data base re the
color. Thanks again,

Here's a trick that sometimes works on sun faded tags. Use a UV light
(black light) in the dark. Most white tags fluoresce which degrades with
sunlight so the faded markings should fluoresce more than the unmarked
areas around it. Still can't quite make it out look through a yellow
filter like on CSI. Many times I've been able to read a totaly faded
blank tag this way.

Grow well and bloom magnificently

dusty