Old 17-10-2006, 09:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Looking for orchid "corybas"

I come from Taiwan, searching for orchid "corybas".Two years age, I got
one species( Corybas sinii ) in Taiwan .Its the one and the all. I know
it is not easy to get, and i dont want a lot. One than all.

Could anybody help me find out where I can obtain this orchid, if that
is at all possible or you even have.
Any response would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot ! !

Old 19-10-2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Not sure how fruitful your search will be, especially if you're after
the Asian species. Outside of Australia and New Zealand, there aren't a
lot of people growing them (and Aussies and Kiwis only grow their
native species). It may be worth asking for sources over at the
terrestrial orchid forum: http://terrorchid.proboards27.com

Old 21-10-2006, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thank you Andrew.This is a real great help. I still keep
looking,looking,......
..Thank again!!

Old 23-10-2006, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

If it in any way helps steer you in the right direction, the few times
I've come across photo's of cultivated Asian Corybas, such as sinii and
taiwanensis, the growers have usually been Japanese (the Japanese seem
to have a penchant for maintaining obscure, quirky and ordinarily
overlooked plants in cultivation). You might want to ask some of the
Japanese orchid societies if they can help out. A few Australian
species are available from Australian nurseries eg Nesbitts but the
cost of importing them may be prohibitive and I'm not sure how those
temperate species will handle the Taiwanese climate.