Old 25-10-2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Active Online Forums

Hey,

I'm a new orchid grower and am interested in joining in on as many
groups/discussions/online communities as possible. Can anyone suggest
some active, online forums?

Thanks,
Andrew

Old 25-10-2006, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey,

I'm a new orchid grower and am interested in joining in on as many
groups/discussions/online communities as possible. Can anyone suggest
some active, online forums?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew, Try http://www.ukorchidforum.com/ and
http://www.orchidboard.com/
Thanks Keith

Old 25-10-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

orchidgeeks.com, but it's aimed at beginners. (which is not to say
there aren't some good arm-waving higher level discussions on there...

isn't there something out there called slipperorchidforum ?

--j_a

Old 25-10-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

wrote:
orchidgeeks.com, but it's aimed at beginners. (which is not to say
there aren't some good arm-waving higher level discussions on there...

isn't there something out there called slipperorchidforum ?

--j_a

slippertalk.com is far better...

--
Rob's Rules:
http://littlefrogfarm.com

Old 26-10-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Try

http://www.orchidwire.com/Forums/1/index.html

A large listing.
Joe T

Old 26-10-2006, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On 25 Oct 2006 17:44:34 -0700, jtill wrote:
Try

http://www.orchidwire.com/Forums/1/index.html

A large listing.

Cool!

Bob

Old 26-10-2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On 25 Oct 2006 17:44:34 -0700 in . com jtill wrote:
Try

http://www.orchidwire.com/Forums/1/index.html

Okay, I'll bite...
which of these damned web forums have rss feeds that would be
amicable to being stuffed into a private NNTP server.

These days I barely have time for USENET, let alone yet another
dodgy web app written by someone that thinks he's got a better idea
than me on the best UI for reading messages...
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up
Old 26-10-2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Dingdingding, you've hit on why I don't participate in any other forum but
this one and the Orchid Guide Digest Mailing list!

Call me old and grumpy (at 34!) but I really dislike using pretty much any
of the various web-based discussion forums out there. Usability is uniformly
poor across the board, IMO.

Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

g...

Old 26-10-2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:50:45 -0700 in Eric Hunt wrote:
Dingdingding, you've hit on why I don't participate in any other forum but
this one and the Orchid Guide Digest Mailing list!

This sounds reasonable. Details please.

Call me old and grumpy (at 34!) but I really dislike using pretty much any
of the various web-based discussion forums out there. Usability is uniformly
poor across the board, IMO.

Yet, you top post :-).
It's okay to be old and grumpy at the age of 34... Liz thinks there is
something wrong that I've been old and grumpy for the past two decades tho'...

Old 26-10-2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'm with Eric on this one. Have tried other groups but find I keep using
RGO on usenet as it is so easy and no need to register or download software
to access.

Plus everyone is so helpful (suck suck!)

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Dingdingding, you've hit on why I don't participate in any other forum but
this one and the Orchid Guide Digest Mailing list!

Call me old and grumpy (at 34!) but I really dislike using pretty much any
of the various web-based discussion forums out there. Usability is
uniformly poor across the board, IMO.

Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

g...

Old 31-10-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

John Varigos wrote:
I'm with Eric on this one. Have tried other groups but find I keep using
RGO on usenet as it is so easy and no need to register or download software
to access.

you've hit on why I don't participate in any other forum but
this one and the Orchid Guide Digest Mailing list!

I'm with you both, but I prefer this forum. OGD is too ..... well
anyway, I like this one best!
Bob
PS OT - YesSymphonic DVD is awesome!!!! Got it for my birthday,
brought a few tears to my eyes .... haven't seen them in years and it
felt good. The orchestra and the band didn't quite mesh at all times,
but still got me dancing! g

Old 31-10-2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I wonder if Andrew is the one selling books in the next posting?

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid