Old 27-10-2006, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default "Baby Orchids".....

Darn it, Frank took the papers out for recycling this morning so I don't
have a copy of this, and I can't find a link to it on the NY Times site.
But, even if paraphrased, it deserves a mention.

Pictured in yesterday's Times was a lovely bottle (read flask) in which
rested a "baby orchid". The brief accompanying article noted that the flask
could not be opened until the orchid reached the top of the flask, and that
the orchid was sitting on agar. Thirty-something bucks for this little
useless piece of coffee table trivia, which will face certain death when the
owner opens the flask.

Some folks have just a tad too much patience for geegaws!

Diana

Old 28-10-2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

A while back I saw something like that at ABG, have no idea what it cost.
Someone had bought this cute little single-plant flask (commercially
packaged) somewhere on vacation and it was confiscated when they came back
into the country because they didn't have paperwork for it. (ABG is one of
the sites where the government can send confiscated plants.)

Old 02-11-2006, 07:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Darn it, Frank took the papers out for recycling this morning so I don't
have a copy of this, and I can't find a link to it on the NY Times site.
But, even if paraphrased, it deserves a mention.

Pictured in yesterday's Times was a lovely bottle (read flask) in which
rested a "baby orchid". The brief accompanying article noted that the flask
could not be opened until the orchid reached the top of the flask, and that
the orchid was sitting on agar. Thirty-something bucks for this little
useless piece of coffee table trivia, which will face certain death when the
owner opens the flask.

Some folks have just a tad too much patience for geegaws!

Diana

Look what came up on my news alert today:
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/...tro_orchid.php

This should belong to the "Is there money in orchids?" thread...

Reka
Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

That's the one, Reka. Same container, etc.

Diana

"Reka" wrote in message
news
Diana Kulaga wrote:
[...]

Help With "Baby" Orchid Port Admiral Haynes Orchids 1 18-03-2007 06:17 PM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
[IBC] Winter protection for "baby" trees Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL Bonsai 9 30-09-2003 02:38 AM
"ALMOST Free" Baby Tears (USA only) Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 02-07-2003 04:44 AM