GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/150989-help-identifying-bacteria-fungus.html)

[email protected] 16-11-2006 02:22 PM

Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus

Hello,

I apologize in advance for my lack of orchid knowledge, but hopefully
this is a simple question. Can you please help me identify whether my
Orchid has Bacterial brown spot, Leaf spot fungus or neither?

Here a few pictures of the leaves:

http://picasaweb.google.com/agendreau/111606

I think it's Bacterial brown spot, but I'd like it if a trained eye
could confirm.

Thank you!

Andrew

Reka 16-11-2006 07:02 PM

wrote:
Hello,

I apologize in advance for my lack of orchid knowledge, but hopefully
this is a simple question. Can you please help me identify whether my
Orchid has Bacterial brown spot, Leaf spot fungus or neither?

Here a few pictures of the leaves:

http://picasaweb.google.com/agendreau/111606

I think it's Bacterial brown spot, but I'd like it if a trained eye
could confirm.

Thank you!

Andrew

What type of orchid is it? :-)

Reka

Reka 16-11-2006 08:57 PM

wrote:
Degamoara Flying High 'Stars and Bars'

Hmm, I thought it might have been Sharry Baby - which seems to enjoy
being spotty.
Sorry I can help - someone else will surely come along to give you some
advice.

Reka

Kenni Judd 17-11-2006 05:44 PM

Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus

Andrew, I don't think it is bacterial. If you are in a warm/hot climate,
that may be the cause. Many of the thin-leaved oncidium intergenerics (such
as Dgmra) tend to spot their leaves under those circumstances. Onc. Sharry
Baby is the most notorious, but the principle is the same. Although the
spots mar the appearance of the plants, they do not seem to do any further
harm.

Otherwise, I'd be more like to suspect a fungus. HTH,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

oups.com...

[email protected] 18-11-2006 05:37 AM

Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus

Tell us where you have it. How much light is it getting?

[email protected] 20-11-2006 12:23 PM

Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus

It was purchased in Hawaii but is currently residing in Maryland. It
sits near a window with very little direct sunlight each day.

Andrew