Old 24-11-2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Semi-Hydroponic

Anyone have pro and con comments to using a "semi-hydroponic" growing
system for orchids.

In particular, my wife has started using FirstRay's system.
Old 24-11-2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:21:03 -0500, gerald wrote:

Anyone have pro and con comments to using a "semi-hydroponic" growing
system for orchids.

In particular, my wife has started using FirstRay's system.

Ray is one of our regulars. So you will find MANY believers here.
We grow our Phrags, Paphs, and summer Cymbidiums in S/H. Cym Golden
Elf grows strongly enough the roots cracked the pot.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 24-11-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 05:21:03 -0800, gerald wrote
(in article ):

Anyone have pro and con comments to using a "semi-hydroponic" growing
system for orchids.

In particular, my wife has started using FirstRay's system.

I've gradually converted all my potted collection to S/H, including Catts,
Laelias, Oncs, Phals, Phrags, Encyclias, Ascocentrums, and Dens, and all seem
to love it. Benefits to my mind include ready access to enough water without
soggy or decomposing medium, and ease of repotting only when needed for size.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70

Old 24-11-2006, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I grow some things in S/H, and plan to convert more plants to this method. A
Cym. alifolium in S/H cracked out of a plastic pail; it is now in a 3 gal.
pail converted to S/H. Really, it's hard to see a down side.

Diana

.com...

Old 24-11-2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I must have missed something. With all these ravings, please somebody tell me
where to find out how to .....S/H

Please answer here. My address is not correct.

Thanks,
Chris S.

In article , "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
I grow some things in S/H, and plan to convert more plants to this method. A
Cym. alifolium in S/H cracked out of a plastic pail; it is now in a 3 gal.
pail converted to S/H. Really, it's hard to see a down side.

Diana

s.com...

Old 24-11-2006, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Chris,

Go he www.firstrays.com . You'll find an entire section of his site
devoted to S/H.

Diana

wrote:
I grow some things in S/H, and plan to convert more plants to this method.
Cym. alifolium in S/H cracked out of a plastic pail; it is now in a 3 gal.
pail converted to S/H. Really, it's hard to see a down side.

Diana

"tbell" wrote in message
ws.com...
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 05:21:03 -0800, gerald wrote
(in article ):

Anyone have pro and con comments to using a "semi-hydroponic" growing
system for orchids.

In particular, my wife has started using FirstRay's system.

I've gradually converted all my potted collection to S/H, including
Catts,
Laelias, Oncs, Phals, Phrags, Encyclias, Ascocentrums, and Dens, and all
seem
to love it. Benefits to my mind include ready access to enough water
without
soggy or decomposing medium, and ease of repotting only when needed for
size.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70

Semi Hydroponic algae [email protected] Orchids 0 26-01-2017 03:56 PM
Media for semi hydroponic Yc Orchids 9 07-01-2004 06:02 AM
Media for semi hydroponic (corrected email) Yc Orchids 0 06-01-2004 07:02 AM
Any hydroponic gardeners here? Claude Gardening 2 14-02-2003 09:27 PM
hydroponic basil speeder Gardening 1 27-01-2003 07:08 PM