GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   AOS jargon (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/151454-aos-jargon.html)

Raj 10-12-2006 12:09 AM

AOS jargon

I would like to know what these abbreviations mean: Ns , Nsv , Dsw,
Dsl, Pw, Pl, Lsw, Lsl, Lipw, Lipl in relation to the AOS judging.

Thanks

Raj

Orchis[_2_] 10-12-2006 07:22 AM

AOS jargon

Raj schrieb:

I would like to know what these abbreviations mean: Ns , Nsv , Dsw,
Dsl, Pw, Pl, Lsw, Lsl, Lipw, Lipl in relation to the AOS judging.

Thanks

Raj

I don't know that for sure but I guess
Pw means Petals width, Pl - Petals length
and Lipw - Lip width, Lipl - Lip length and so on.

Bahram

Susan Erickson 10-12-2006 10:21 AM

AOS jargon

On 9 Dec 2006 23:22:29 -0800, "Orchis"
wrote:

Raj schrieb:

I would like to know what these abbreviations mean: Ns , Nsv , Dsw,
Dsl, Pw, Pl, Lsw, Lsl, Lipw, Lipl in relation to the AOS judging.

Thanks

Raj

I don't know that for sure but I guess
Pw means Petals width, Pl - Petals length
and Lipw - Lip width, Lipl - Lip length and so on.

Bahram

Start with Natural Spread. Measuring the widest point on the flower.
NSV Natural Spread Vertical.
DSW Dorsal Sepal Width, DSL ds length.
As Bahram said PW & PL is petal width and length
Ls is lateral sepal,
Lip is lip or pouch

It is all the measurements of the flower in order.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids