Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids

Default Orchid Mania

John,

(crossposted back to r.g.o - most news servers deleted your original post,
and now the followup discussion is without context)

Thanks a million for that unsolicited plug!

We're actually 18 years old - something most of us can't even begin to
fathom - our roots are in a a backyard greenhouse off of Haight Street in
the Lower Haight neighborhood of San Francisco - and there are several
volunteers from the earliest days still with us. My own tenure with OM is
about 6 years.

If anyone would like to help OrchidMania's mission by donating cold, hard
cash or species orchid plants, drop me a private email - you can find it on
www.orchidphotos.org or www.orchids.org

Thanks!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

om...
Posted to RGO by mistake.

Most people first come across Eric through his photos posted on ABPO and
flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/ or via his orchid photo web
pages http://www.orchidphotos.org/

Another interesting aspect of Eric's life is that he is President of
OrchidMania http://www.orchids.org/, a volunteer orchid rescue centre set
up 13 years ago and which has as its mission statement:

"OrchidMania's primary mission is to provide financial and moral support
to grassroots AIDS prevention and relief organizations in the United
States, Central America and Southeast Asia. Moreover, it is our goal to
encourage interest and enthusiasm for orchid cultivation, conservation and
appreciation, and to provide a comfortable and positive vehicle for people
of all kinds to give their time and talents to AIDS relief."

All profits from orchid sales go to AIDS research and any donations of
orchids or cash would certainly be appreciated at OrchidMania (tax
deductible for US residents!) (unsolicited plug for OrchidMania.)

Here are a few shots that Eric provided of the growing areas inside
OrchidMania's Orchid Temple.

The Intermediate house.

~John

Orchid Mania John Varigos Orchids 4 07-01-2007 07:24 PM
Orchid Mania John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 06-01-2007 02:27 PM
Tomorrow - Orchid Mania John Varigos Orchid Photos 2 04-01-2007 09:22 PM
when will this madness abate??? and rambling musings of garden mania madgardener Gardening 4 14-08-2003 02:32 PM
Telegraph : Odd ball letter starts maths puzzle mania Tarzan United Kingdom 3 09-02-2003 09:19 AM