Old 14-01-2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Ice Storm

I hope no one is caught without power due to the Midwest ice. We had
photos tonight of St. Louis on the News. They said many were without
power in the cold.

Anyone able to give us an update?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 14-01-2007, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Rough, but haven't lost power in my area. A person never knows where
the grid supplier is, or how it may be effected. Located 90 miles
north of Springfield, 50 miles sounth of
I-70. Angled accross in a NE direction, then broke and shifted about
80 mles south, broke again shifted another 90 miles. We caught one day
of the storm. South of here would see two or three days, depending on
how the fringe overlapped. St Louis looks like it followed I-44 from
Springfield. South of St Louis has gotten all 3 waves of the storm.

One place in Missouri that comes to mind is College of the Ozarks.
They have a large classic collection of orchids that were donated 40
-50 years ago. Located outside of Branson, they probably got hammered.
Don't know their situation or whether they have a back up to supply
heat.
Nancy

Old 14-01-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The pool is only 80 degrees. Yuck.

Seriously, I hope everyone is safe.

Diana

Old 15-01-2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:05:10 -0500, "Mick Fournier"
wrote:

Sue,

The weather man says it will be partly cloudy mixed with partly sunny.

Mick

Mick -
We had a heat wave today. It was 12 we went to Breakfast and 16 when
we came back.. Real heat wave.

It was to be partly cloudy mixed with snow showers. Mostly it was
partly.

Old 15-01-2007, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Despite dire warnings of half an inch of ice followed by snow, there was
only a glaze of ice at home. Main roads are fine. Roads in East
Lansing (and the rest of the lansing area) are crap as usual, but that
is pretty typical.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Sittin' here, moping in an ice storm.... Ray B Orchids 6 16-12-2007 01:08 AM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
ICE STORM!!!! Crow T Robot Texas 7 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
ICE STORM!!!! Crow T Robot Texas 7 28-02-2003 03:33 AM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 26-02-2003 08:24 PM