Old 19-01-2007, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default finding orchids

how does one go about finding a particular relatively pedestrian
orchid.

I would like to find a large(4-5") juree red den, and a large (4-6")
c. Horace "maxima".

the den holds up for 6 months, and the cat for 2 months.
Old 19-01-2007, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The first thing I try is to Google the orchid name and see who may have it
for sale. The second thing I try (for the cattleya) is to go to some of the
big cattleya houses and see if it is in theior list like Carter and Holmes,
Chadwick, or the Santa Barbara orchid Estate. (You can get Carter and Holmes
from Amazon.com, btw. I think there's a difference in shipping costs
between the C&H web page and the Amazon web page, but check me on that)

The trick will be to find a Horace and not a Horace hybrid.

The Orchid Mall (orchidmall.com) used to have a search feature too.

K Barrett

Old 19-01-2007, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Chadwick & Sons has a Horace for $60. I hope the price means its in your
size range. Other wise Carter and Holmes has a Horace in a 3" pot. 2 years
till bloom.

K Barrett

Old 21-01-2007, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The Ebay address below (cut and paste into your search engine) lists
four C. Horace Maxima crosses that may interest you. Cost with
shipping would be about $15, shipping included, if you are good at
bidding. I did not check your other plant. I also use FROOGLE to search
for plants.
Joe T

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...axima%22 .+++

Gene finding could help spore orchid trade bloom Ted Byers Orchids 1 17-01-2004 07:12 PM
Finding a home for new fish Bob Ponds 2 28-05-2003 02:44 AM
Help finding Rhododendron Maximum Gregg Horan Gardening 2 27-05-2003 10:56 PM
Finding a email address for Greg Bickal MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 7 27-05-2003 05:56 AM
Help on finding used push/reel mower Mike Dahmus Texas 15 19-04-2003 01:56 AM