Old 23-01-2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Charleys Catalog pg37 - Wireless Data Logger

Has anyone used this wirless device?
Connects to your PC & shows climate ranges,averages etc.?
Log up to 3000 sets of temp & humidity data with time & date stamp.
Records abnormal conditions.
Can set hi/low alarms for temp & humidity.
The monitor receives data from up to 3 remote wireless sensors up to 330ft.

(Now here's the part I want to know about).......

Software & cable included for easy COM port connection?

I have a remote thermometer in one greenhouse & it has come in handy when
the pilot light on the heater blew out.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 24-01-2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:52:28 -0800 in wendy7 wrote:
Has anyone used this wirless device?
Connects to your PC & shows climate ranges,averages etc.?
Log up to 3000 sets of temp & humidity data with time & date stamp.
Records abnormal conditions.
Can set hi/low alarms for temp & humidity.
The monitor receives data from up to 3 remote wireless sensors up to 330ft.

I don't have their hardcopy catalog, do you have a 4 digit part number?
Given that I might be able to dig up a manual for the device.
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

Old 24-01-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:08:10 -0800 in K Barrett wrote:
The part # is 6692 and an additional sensor is 6678

I recall looking at software for that beasty (It's a standard la crosse
weather station, found at other vendors (for less) with a google
search of la crosse and the description from Charley's).

The unfortunate side effect is that I then started looking at complete
weather stations.

It's interesting, I may take a second look after I've removed some
pine trees and put in a foundation. If I get sufficient round tuits,
I'd probably want to create some sort of micro-controller to manage
many sensors around a greenhouse or garden instead tho'.
Old 27-01-2007, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks for this Sue, also to your dear John, who so kindly did some
research for me. As it turns out my computer has the old fashioned port
that connects to the port. Also John pointed out that a COM port connecter
can be purchased for 20 bucks.
Now having read about the data, am I really going to benefit or use it?
Then there is the Vista factor, it may not work?

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Susan Erickson wrote:

wendy7 wrote:
Has anyone used this wirless device?
Connects to your PC & shows climate ranges,averages etc.?
Log up to 3000 sets of temp & humidity data with time & date stamp.
Records abnormal conditions.
Can set hi/low alarms for temp & humidity.
The monitor receives data from up to 3 remote wireless sensors up
to 330ft.

I don't have their hardcopy catalog, do you have a 4 digit part
number?
Given that I might be able to dig up a manual for the device.

Go to LaCrosse Tech - you can find it and a PDF of the manual.
It logs the info. To get it to your computer takes a manual command
and then an export to excel to graph the data.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids