GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid Cleaning Tool (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/152643-orchid-cleaning-tool.html)

Gene Schurg 27-01-2007 11:35 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

I was at Staples last night getting some stuff for my office when I noticed
a nice little brush for cleaning computer keyboards. It's nylon and soft
bristles. Cost about $5.

I bought one and today put it to work cleaning up some plants. Its great
for cleaning the crude on those cattleyas (yeah dead scale-imagine that in
my collection!). If I need to clean some dead scale off those grooved
psedobulbs it gets in the grooves. I've been using a soft bristle toothbrush
but the bristles are too short. I've tried paint brushes but they are too
soft.

I thought I'd mention it here in case other are looking for a tool like this
to clean their plants.

Good growing,
Gene

Diana Kulaga 28-01-2007 08:48 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

Thanks for the tip, Gene!

Diana

jadel 28-01-2007 09:38 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

On Jan 27, 6:35 pm, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:
I was at Staples last night getting some stuff for my office when I noticed
a nice little brush for cleaning computer keyboards. It's nylon and soft
bristles. Cost about $5.

You bought an overpriced toothbrush?

J. Del Col

Gene Schurg 28-01-2007 11:46 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

Yup...but now I can get deep in those leaves. Hmmm...maybe I should floss
the Cattleyas?

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ray B 29-01-2007 01:43 AM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

One word: Sonicare

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Yup...but now I can get deep in those leaves. Hmmm...maybe I should floss
the Cattleyas?

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...

SuE 29-01-2007 06:22 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:43:14 GMT, "Ray B"
wrote:

Now if our Staples would only open - They have had a "Opening Soon"
sign for over a month. I think 2 other stores started hiring at the
same time and are both open. UGH Curiosity is horrid.

[email protected] 30-01-2007 02:38 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

wrote:

Now if our Staples would only open - They have had a "Opening Soon"
sign for over a month. I think 2 other stores started hiring at the
same time and are both open. UGH Curiosity is horrid.

I have a slightly different problem in my area.
The stores are open for business, but their hours are such that they
are never open when I'm near them.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

jadel 30-01-2007 03:03 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

On Jan 30, 9:38 am, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:22:52 -0700 in .I have a slightly different problem in my area.
The stores are open for business, but their hours are such that they
are never open when I'm near them.

Is that because they know your habits and respond accordingly?
(annoying emoticon here)

J. Del Col

[email protected] 31-01-2007 05:34 PM

Orchid Cleaning Tool

On 30 Jan 2007 07:03:28 -0800 in .com jadel wrote:

On Jan 30, 9:38 am, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:22:52 -0700 in .I have a slightly different problem in my area.
The stores are open for business, but their hours are such that they
are never open when I'm near them.

Is that because they know your habits and respond accordingly?
(annoying emoticon here)

More like "Staples choice of locations is generally out of my way and
when i have reasons to go that way, they tend to be closed during those
hours."

Office Despot and Office Min atleast have sense enough to stay open
an hour later....