Old 17-04-2003, 03:20 AM
jim

Default Another cat root question

I have had a 5" BLC Ann Cleo for just over a year now. It has grown 3
pseudobulbs in that time - the first blooming, the second not and the
third still possibly. There is now a fourth started. There are now 3
leads on the plant and they have reached the edge of the pot. It
seems to be constantly growing bulbs but I have yet to see a new root.
The visible roots don't look in too great shape but the plant is
otherwise thriving - healthy erect foliage with no sign of wilting.

So why won't it grow new roots??
Old 19-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Diana Kulaga

Jim,

Have you had it out of the pot? There may be a root system that you can't
see.

Diana

Old 20-04-2003, 02:44 AM
jim

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:00:40 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Jim,

Have you had it out of the pot? There may be a root system that you can't
see.

Diana

I assume there must be as it is quite healthy. I will be repotting it
soon since it has reached the edge of the pot. But all my other cats
put out new roots fairly often so this one is confounding me.