Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Hausermann greenhouse visit.

I've ordered a few orchids from Hausermann's in Chicago with good success
and on a business trip there this past week I checked and they were only 5
miles from where I was working so one day I spent my lunch time walking
through the green houses. Since it was the lunch hour and the dead of winter
I almost had the place to my self. What an amazing place. I took some
pictures but they just can't convey the depth of beauty that surrounds you.
I had one problem - how am I going to pick something to take home with me
since I had flown and it was 10 degrees and snowing. I picked a small paph
in bloom - picture posted over in ABPO - and decided I would just wrap it
in a box and take it on the plane. Of course the first x-ray machine it
went through it got stuck and I could see it being knocked around by the
parade of plastic bins going through. When I pointed it out to security they
said don't worry it would come out eventually. Well you know what I wanted
to say but I didn't want to miss my plane because I was in lockup. All ended
well and I have one more orchid for my collection.

--
Mark Edson
Waukomis Oklahoma, USA