Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Ping: wendy

Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using it
so that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to
the interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for browsing.... [that
may have something to do with it...*G*] I guess I don't see the value
to tabbed browsing... but am willing to learn. Anyone else like it?

K Barrett
Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default wendy

Kathy,

I've been using it for a while and really like it. The tabs are great. I
have about 5 websites that I visit every morning. I opened each of them and
went to tools and set them all as my home pages. Now when I open IE in the
morning all of the sites open at once and I click from tab to tab taking
care of business.

Gene

. ..

Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Wish I could help you Kathy, my guru computer guy is our neighbour so he
showed me how the tabs work & keeps everything up to date for me.
Wonderful for doing research using Google with multiple webpages to toggle
back & forth.
I can say that it has been quite stable with no problems so far.
I also have FireFox can't really tell the difference?
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 4, 4:35 pm, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:
Kathy,

I've been using it for a while and really like it. The tabs are great. I
have about 5 websites that I visit every morning. I opened each of them and
went to tools and set them all as my home pages. Now when I open IE in the
morning all of the sites open at once and I click from tab to tab taking
care of business.

Gene

"K Barrett" wrote in message

. ..

Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using it so
that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to the
interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for browsing.... [that may have
something to do with it...*G*] I guess I don't see the value to tabbed
browsing... but am willing to learn. Anyone else like it?

K Barrett- Hide quoted text -

Dito to what Gene said. I added the Google tool bar at the same time
and am very happy with the added capabilities.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Pat Brennan wrote:
On Feb 4, 4:35 pm, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:
Kathy,

I've been using it for a while and really like it. The tabs are great. I
have about 5 websites that I visit every morning. I opened each of them and
went to tools and set them all as my home pages. Now when I open IE in the
morning all of the sites open at once and I click from tab to tab taking
care of business.

Gene

"K Barrett" wrote in message

. ..

Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using it so
that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to the
interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for browsing.... [that may have
something to do with it...*G*] I guess I don't see the value to tabbed
browsing... but am willing to learn. Anyone else like it?
K Barrett- Hide quoted text -

Dito to what Gene said. I added the Google tool bar at the same time
and am very happy with the added capabilities.

Now see, if you had installed Firefox, you could have been enjoying
these little amenities for a long time already...

Reka :-)

Old 06-02-2007, 07:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Reka wrote:
Pat Brennan wrote:

On Feb 4, 4:35 pm, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

Kathy,

I've been using it for a while and really like it. The tabs are
great. I
have about 5 websites that I visit every morning. I opened each of
them and
went to tools and set them all as my home pages. Now when I open IE
in the
morning all of the sites open at once and I click from tab to tab taking
care of business.

Gene

"K Barrett" wrote in message

. ..

Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using
it so
that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to
the
interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for browsing.... [that
may have
something to do with it...*G*] I guess I don't see the value to tabbed
browsing... but am willing to learn. Anyone else like it?
K Barrett- Hide quoted text -

Dito to what Gene said. I added the Google tool bar at the same time
and am very happy with the added capabilities.

Now see, if you had installed Firefox, you could have been enjoying
these little amenities for a long time already...

Reka :-)

I agree; I've been using Firefox since its debut. But I hate tabs and
need to look for a way to delete it; I'd much rather have separate
windows open and shift them around. I find it much more convenient and
respoonsive that way.

This reminds me of how I felt when Windoze 95 came out; then all the
non-Macs my friends had could do what my MacPlus had already been doing
for eleven years with only 4 MG of RAM !!!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 07:40:20 +0100, Reka wrote:

Pat Brennan wrote:
On Feb 4, 4:35 pm, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:
Kathy,

I've been using it for a while and really like it. The tabs are great. I
have about 5 websites that I visit every morning. I opened each of them and
went to tools and set them all as my home pages. Now when I open IE in the
morning all of the sites open at once and I click from tab to tab taking
care of business.

Gene

"K Barrett" wrote in message

. ..

Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using it so
that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to the
interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for browsing.... [that may have
something to do with it...*G*] I guess I don't see the value to tabbed
browsing... but am willing to learn. Anyone else like it?
K Barrett- Hide quoted text -

Dito to what Gene said. I added the Google tool bar at the same time
and am very happy with the added capabilities.

Now see, if you had installed Firefox, you could have been enjoying
these little amenities for a long time already...

Reka :-)

Advice, please Reka. I'm now using Firefox 1.5.0.3, having used earlier
versions, as well as the ubiquotous IE.

The present version doesn't seem to have the usual right click option for
"Download target as" when pointing at the hyperlink to a downloadable file. eg
It's very frustrating to have to wait for a pdf file to open in Acrobat Reader,
& then save. Is there a setting I've missed?
Dave Gillingham
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:23:58 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

Advice, please Reka. I'm now using Firefox 1.5.0.3, having used earlier
versions, as well as the ubiquotous IE.

The present version doesn't seem to have the usual right click option for
"Download target as" when pointing at the hyperlink to a downloadable file. eg
It's very frustrating to have to wait for a pdf file to open in Acrobat Reader,
& then save. Is there a setting I've missed?
Dave Gillingham

Get FireFox 2.001 - I also rebuilt my system in the last week. So we
have the new version. I am still not used to tabs. My setup still
gives me the new entry in the task bar for another open FireFox but it
is just a tab. Once I got used to seeing the small red xboxes I have
had no trouble with tabs.

Dave I have FireFox open the pdfs and save there. But it was an
add-on and even though I did it yesterday I don't remember where the
initial "do it this way" idea came from. I also have adobe reader and
things used to go there while FireFox was free to do something else.
Now it I click back a tab - I can go back to the page I was working
and even open a second pdf tab. Working with a series of 8 last
night I found that starting the next in sequence was just enough time
for the first to be ready to be ready for the save to location. Close
that tab, open the 3rd in sequence (new pdf tab) and save the second.
Kept me busy and occupied just enough to run thru it rather quickly.

Has anyone got a good small contact/calendar program? My Palm went 6
months ago and I find that the palm desktop is good. But I was looking
for something different. The Lightening and SunBird programs that
Mozilla puts out want the entire desktop for calendar display. I want
one I can have open in the corner. It only needs to be able to
display ticks for the events without opening the day.
SuE
Old 18-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
Smile

Hi SuE,

For a "small contact calendar", Google Desktop has one that you can have as a Sidebar running on the fight of your monitor screen. Worth a look!