Old 06-02-2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Oh Happy day

Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. Hope some of
it melts. I ought to have T. post our singing groundhog video.

Nancy

Old 06-02-2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hey Nance, It was 70dgs in the coolest corner of my patio yesterday in S.Calif.
Out in the full sun my cheapie thermometer showed 100! Love it!
The previous days were 40 to 50's in the shade & 70+ in the sun at around noon.
Would love to see the groundhog video, do you have a url?
Hope you thaw out soon.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

T. lived in Southern California from the age of 11 to about 18 when he
joined the USMC (some people would do anything to avoid being drafted
into the Army 1968). During the winter I hear daily how hot it was in
Redlands and how nice it was in Monrovia and other parts of
California.

It is definitely time to move farther south. Don't know where, not
many places that haven't frozen at least once this winter. It has
been unusual this year, or so it seems. Maybe I've been spoiled by
the last 4 mild winters. Cold but not without a moderate break to
raise the temps.

No url on the singing groundhog, will talk to T, and see if he would
put it someplace for a couple of days anyway. I won't give away the
secret, but suspect a lot of people will be amazed by it.

Nancy

Nancy G. wrote:
Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. Hope some of
it melts. I ought to have T. post our singing groundhog video.

Nancy- Hide quoted text -

Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

http://powerwarsaw.com/groundhog.mov

How cold was it? Even groundhogs have something to sing about this
winter. This is what ground hogs do when they don't see their shadow.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On 6 Feb 2007 08:36:14 -0800 in . com Nancy G. wrote:
Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. Hope some of
it melts. I ought to have T. post our singing groundhog video.

Ick, today it was supposedly 14F when I took the step kid to school.
The neighbor's pond had iced over the first time this winter, and
it was $#@! cold when they removed some pine trees from around
the house.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Brrr. Just hearing about that kind of weather gives me ague. We'll be back
in the mid-70's tomorrow after days of weather in the frigid low 60's.

Diana (ducking..........!)

Old 06-02-2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
al al is offline

This thread attracted me in an ironical way. We had an over night low of 5
(not Celsius) here. As of 3:30 this afternoon we have reached 25 (not
Celsius). My well pump chose last night to die. So of course today for the
first time in a while we have a cloudless day and the greenhouse is warm and
dry with no hope of water for a few days.

All together now: "Oh Happy day!"

Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:59:42 -0500 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
Brrr. Just hearing about that kind of weather gives me ague. We'll be back
in the mid-70's tomorrow after days of weather in the frigid low 60's.

I can't complain too much... This is really the first really cold day
this winter... I was wandering around in short sleeves Saturday.
(I think highs in the 60s)

Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 6, 11:36 am, "Nancy G." wrote:
Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. ...

What does that snow ad say?(annoying emoticon here)

Here in N. central WV we had six inches of snow overnight, that after
a day which started out at -7F and got all the way up to 12.

I have a new Coelogyne in bloom as well as a Darwinia.

I also acquired a couple of Nepenthes recently. Where will I put
them? What was I thinking? (yeah, I know-- Nepenthes, forget about
'em!)

J. Del Col

Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 7, 3:56 pm, "jadel" wrote:
On Feb 6, 11:36 am, "Nancy G." wrote:

Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are
significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of
watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. ...

What does that snow ad say?(annoying emoticon here)

Here in N. central WV we had six inches of snow overnight, that after
a day which started out at -7F and got all the way up to 12.

I have a new Coelogyne in bloom as well as a Darwinia.

Let's make that a Darwinara. (too many antihistamines yesterday)

J. Del Col

Old 13-02-2007, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Don't know whether any of you watched the singing ground hog, but T.
is removing the link because of band width usage at the server.

Nancy

Old 13-02-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I saw it. Funny. Thanks for sharing it for a while!

Diana

oups.com...

On Feb 6, 1:10 pm, "Nancy G." wrote:
http://powerwarsaw.com/groundhog.mov

How cold was it? Even groundhogs have something to sing about this
winter. This is what ground hogs do when they don't see their shadow.

happy, happy, happy David Hare-Scott[_2_] Australia 1 12-01-2010 06:32 AM
Happy Father's Day? Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 8 16-06-2003 02:56 AM
Happy Mothers Day John Rutz Ponds 19 13-05-2003 02:32 AM
Happy Xmas to you all - thank you for hours of happy listening Maryanne North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday... Reka Orchids 4 05-04-2003 11:32 PM