Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Phals at CostCo

This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

--
Peter Aitken
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Peter A wrote:
This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

No problem with that, but just remember you need to get them before they
sit in the store too long. A good price.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 12-02-2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:20:03 -0500, Rob
wrote:

Peter A wrote:
This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

No problem with that, but just remember you need to get them before they
sit in the store too long. A good price.

Costco has some nice orchids once in awhile and, as you say, if you
tome it right, they are in decent shape.

They were selling single stalk cymbidiums in bud, or partial bloom for
about $25 a few weeks ago. Pretty, but that is about the only orchid I
have ever had that I cannot get to re-bloom.

The best random deals on orchids around northern NJ are those at
Trader Joe's . You never know what they'll have, if anything, but they
can have some real beauties and unusual orchids under $20.

Boron
Old 12-02-2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Peter A wrote in news:MPG.203a5a2e4709e151989a24
@news-server.nc.rr.com:

This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

the ones I checked at Stl costco were all noid's
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Peter A" wrote in message
This may not interest the true orchid afficionado, but for the more
casual grower it may be of interest. With Valentine's day coming up,
CostCo has stocked up on orchids (other similar stores have probably
done the same). All are phals, at least in my local store, but there's a
great selection of large, healthy, flowering plants. If you look
carefully you may find some pots with 2 plants. $22, pretty good price.

--
Peter Aitken

My husband bought me a beautiful healthy Phal with both flowers and buds for
$11.99. They had a good selection of different colors he said. I had quite
a few several years back but all died out due to some type if fungus or
virus. The leaves looked blistered, turn brown, fell off and they
eventually died.

Costco Tree Peonies and tundra Richard Haynes Gardening 3 16-02-2004 05:02 PM
Someone tell the phals it's not fall! Gene Schurg Orchids 4 22-06-2003 11:08 PM
Yellowing leaves on phals rick Orchids 5 23-03-2003 04:08 AM
Sulking phals Ted Byers Orchids 5 21-03-2003 03:56 PM
mini phals rajiv Orchids 18 18-02-2003 03:39 AM