Old 24-02-2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Phyton 27 and Physan

Hi everyone... Does anyone know can I tank mix Phyton 27 and Physan and
spray them together in general on orchids? And does anyone know of a
website that might list this sort of data?

Thanks!
Jerry

Old 25-02-2007, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 24, 11:07 am, "Jerry Hoffmeister"
wrote:
Hi everyone... Does anyone know can I tank mix Phyton 27 and Physan and
spray them together in general on orchids? And does anyone know of a
website that might list this sort of data?

Thanks!
Jerry

Phyton 27 is a copper based chemical and I would not recommend mixing
it with anything. I think you would just be asking for trouble.

The label says:

Compatibility - Compatible with most fungal and insecticidal
biopesticides when applied at least 2 days before or after
application of the biopesticide. Do not tank mix Phyton-27® with
B-NINE and do not apply Phyton-27® within seven (7) days either
before or after applications of B-NINE, as burning of leaves may
result. Do not tank mix Phyton-27® with strongly acidic
compounds such as Aliette, and do not apply Phyton-27® within
14 days either before or after applications of such products.

I do not mix it with anything and I do a clear watering before
throwing anything else at the plants.

Pat

Old 25-02-2007, 04:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Interesting, that's not on my label. All mine says is:

"Phyton 27 is reported compatible with many registered pesticides. However,
before adopting the use of additives and/or combinations for general
applications, test for physical compatibility and noninjury under your
conditions of use. The buyer must assume all responsibility, including
injury or damage, resulting from its misuse as such or in combination with
other materials as tank mix or applied separately."

I'll see what I can find on the web - I've tried in the past and had a hard
time finding anything useful.

How old is your product? Mine's maybe 5 years old so you may have newer
info.

So I assume you use it? Does it work well for you? I'm hoping to stop
brown rot on clear green leaf paphs (roths, etc.).

Thanks,
Jerry

oups.com...

Old 26-02-2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi Jerry,

I cut the label section from Phyton's web site. (www.phyton27.com).
But irregardless of what the label said, I would not recommend mixing
a cooper based chemical with other stuff. When I first started
growing that was one of those basic rules. Things may have changed
over time, but I still follow that rule. I guess that is how urban
legends start.

I have used it on Paphs before and never had any problems. It works
very well to slow the spread of a problem. As for curing problems,
sometimes is works better than others. It is the best thing I know of
for the wet blisters you sometimes get on Phal leaves. Other times I
have had to do multiple sprayings at the higher recommended strength
at the shorter recommended interval before it really kicks in.

Pat

Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Mixing: there is a test that works "most of the time." No guarantees, and
YMMV. But if you mix up a very small test quantity of the two chemicals,
let the mix rest overnight, and it's still mixed rather than separated, and
not turned to mud, or turned some outrageous color by morning, it has a good
chance of being OK to spray. Next step would be to use the test batch on a
couple of test plants ... Kenni
. ..

Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
al al is offline

add to that: any rapid temperature changes, and I will sleep more easily.
Some pesticide-type chemicals when mixed together will get really hot or
really cold to the touch. These are signs that the chemicals are not
compatible and should not be mixed together. they may be nullifying each
other or producing a frightening synergistic effect.

and chuckling quietly to myself and speaking now as a noncorporeal space
alien new to the organic chemistry of your planet lets play "Reductio ad
absurdum":

Some chemicals, but not many, may explode or burst into flame. These are
signs that the chemicals are not compatible and should not be mixed
together.

Also when mixing unknown chemicals, take note of the relative conscious
state of non-target organisms in the area where mixing occurs. If you
notice any convulsion or rapid loss of consciousness, this is a sign that
the two chemicals may not be compatible. In most cases the organism (doing
the mixing of the two chemicals), it's friends, offspring or pets are
*non-target organisms*. :-D

.....but that probably goes without saying. On the other hand if you have to
ask if it's safe to mix two unknown chemicals together maybe you do need to
be warned.... ;-0

Old 06-03-2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

and chuckling quietly to myself and speaking now as a noncorporeal space
alien new to the organic chemistry of your planet lets play "Reductio ad
absurdum":

C'mon, Al! Come down here for our show this weekend! We have never had an
alien as interesting as you, and I promise to be as outre as you if you come
here.

Pullllleeeeeezzzze?

Diana
Wendy: The drinks are still on us if you get here!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 20:23:43 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

and chuckling quietly to myself and speaking now as a noncorporeal space
alien new to the organic chemistry of your planet lets play "Reductio ad
absurdum":

C'mon, Al! Come down here for our show this weekend! We have never had an
alien as interesting as you, and I promise to be as outre as you if you come
here.

Pullllleeeeeezzzze?

Diana
Wendy: The drinks are still on us if you get here!

Keep it up and someday we will ALL land on your doorstep together. Now
wouldn't that be a party.
SuE

Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Well, hopefully we can all get together at the WOC in Miami. Dutch treat,
though!

Diana

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Mixing: there is a test that works "most of the time." No guarantees,
and YMMV. But if you mix up a very small test quantity of the two
chemicals, let the mix rest overnight, and it's still mixed rather than
separated, and not turned to mud, or turned some outrageous color by
morning, it has a good chance of being OK to spray. Next step would be
to use the test batch on a couple of test plants ... Kenni
"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
Hi everyone... Does anyone know can I tank mix Phyton 27 and Physan
and spray them together in general on orchids? And does anyone know
of a website that might list this sort of data?

Thanks!
Jerry

Phyton 27 application Frequency? FLA Orchid Orchids 0 22-04-2005 12:57 AM
Phyton 27 application Frequency? [email protected] Orchids 0 22-04-2005 12:57 AM
Phyton 27 application Frequency? FLA Orchid Orchids 0 22-04-2005 12:55 AM
BT and physan Dustin Orchids 4 14-07-2004 03:03 PM
Phyton 27 & Dends? Diana Kulaga Orchids 7 20-10-2003 08:22 PM