GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Does anyone know? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/154575-does-anyone-know.html)

Claude[_2_] 27-02-2007 11:29 AM

Does anyone know?

Hello!

I have a Dtps Kenneth Schubert `Oriental Sky ` and a Phal equestris, both
blooming right now.
I was thinking making a cross with them but someone told me that Kenneth
Schubert wasn`t fertile? Does anyone know if it`s true? If it`s not true,
which one should be the pod parent and the pollen parent?

Thanks

Claude

al 27-02-2007 12:11 PM

Does anyone know if Kenneth Schubert is infertile?

I have Kenneth Schubert x violacea var coerulea in flask right now. So the
Kenneth Schubert I made this cross with is not infertile, although it has
proven to be a reluctant breeder. My cross log does show a lot of failures
with it as both a capsule and pollen parent.

.. .

jadel 27-02-2007 01:48 PM

Does anyone know?

Wouldn't that be a very private matter of concern only to him?

J. Del Col

al 27-02-2007 02:07 PM

Does anyone know?

the opposite of Brobdingnagian is Lilliputian. Be careful what you wish
for....

ups.com...

jadel 27-02-2007 03:07 PM

Does anyone know?

On Feb 27, 9:07 am, "al" wrote:
the opposite of Brobdingnagian is Lilliputian. Be careful what you wish
for....

Wrong thread, Al.

As to the liliputian dimension. There is a female stand-up comic who
refers to her own chichibangas as "a set of rare, exquisite,
miniatures."

J. Del Col

dirtynails 01-03-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadel (Post 694140)
On Feb 27, 9:07 am, "al" wrote:
the opposite of Brobdingnagian is Lilliputian. Be careful what you wish
for....

Wrong thread, Al.

As to the liliputian dimension. There is a female stand-up comic who
refers to her own chichibangas as "a set of rare, exquisite,
miniatures."

J. Del Col

i once wished for a a million pound and got it, so its true be careful what you wish for. .