Old 05-03-2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Now steal this picture too

C trianaei alba Aranka Germaske FCC is the finest trianaei alba ever in my
book. It is heavy on substance and the throat color is vibrant like a C
percivaliana alba grandiflora Sonia. But sadly however, the Aranka Germaske
does not breed very well at all. Six years ago a Florida hobbyist did a
selfing on an Aranka division and several plants germinated. I have been
told that there were six plants that eventually matured and came to market
but I couldn't swear that number, maybe there were a few more in the
woodpile that weren't publicized to keep the prices high. In any event, I
have one of them and it flowered last week.

It is quite a spectacle and wonderfully fragrant. Here is the picture.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...naeiaranka.jpg

A flower like this will melt your heart. This is a worthy daughter of
Aranka .

Mick

Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Consider it done. Also, consider yourself lucky to have that gem. I am green
with envy.

Diana