Old 24-03-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Mixed Phals.

So what is the name on the tags? Not that it guarantees anything!

Diana

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
I received two Phals. at different times from the raffle table at the local
Orchid Society. The handwriting on the labels of each is different. One
is a
nice yellow, about 3 inches across. The other is white, about 4 inches
across,
and with many more flowers per stem. Nothing similar between the two
except
the labels are the same.

Can someone please tell me which is correct? Of course, I'll have to
label
the other one Phal. hybrid.

Thanks,
Chris

Delete the no from my address for personal reply.

Old 24-03-2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi, Chris,

According to OrchidWiz, Taida Lawrence is a spotted yellow. Here's a link
that I found:

http://www.orquideas.com/new/palomar99/taida2.jpg

Hope this helps!

Diana

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
I trully am sorry to mess up this post, specially by not including the name
on
the labels.

Phal. Taida Lawrence
(Phal. Brother Lawrence X Phal. Goldberry)

Chris

In article ,

(Chris Savas) wrote:
I received two Phals. at different times from the raffle table at the
local
Orchid Society. The handwriting on the labels of each is different. One
is a
nice yellow, about 3 inches across. The other is white, about 4 inches
across,
and with many more flowers per stem. Nothing similar between the two
except
the labels are the same.

Can someone please tell me which is correct? Of course, I'll have to
label
the other one Phal. hybrid.

Thanks,
Chris

Delete the not from my address for personal reply.

Old 27-03-2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Chris: Siblings (as opposed to 'clones) can often look very different from
one another, but I rather doubt that your big white phal is Taida Lawrence.
Kenni

.. .

(Chris Savas) wrote:
I received two Phals. at different times from the raffle table at the
local
Orchid Society. The handwriting on the labels of each is different. One
is a
nice yellow, about 3 inches across. The other is white, about 4 inches
across,
and with many more flowers per stem. Nothing similar between the two
except
the labels are the same.

Can someone please tell me which is correct? Of course, I'll have to
label
the other one Phal. hybrid.

Thanks,
Chris

Delete the not from my address for personal reply.

Mixed Phals x2 V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 05-04-2007 12:02 AM
mixed border catie Roses 1 01-08-2003 10:43 PM
Fothergills Mixed Perennials JennyC United Kingdom 1 29-04-2003 05:56 PM
Cheap mixed bulbs online? Pete Williams United Kingdom 0 28-03-2003 05:20 PM
Seedling Selection - Mixed Paul England United Kingdom 0 11-03-2003 10:29 PM