Old 29-03-2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default I did it again..........

I went to Lowe's to pick up some leaf lettuce seedling. That's all I needed
and wanted. I wandered through he greenhouse and spotted two new phals! Oh
I'm a sucker for phals. One was yellow with some small purple petals around
the center-bottom of the flowers. The flowers are large. The other had a
branched stalk with many smaller flowers in a nice solid purple like one of
those lost in a storm a few years ago! They were $12.99 each. And of
course I had to take another 1/2 price Dendrobium. What was I thinking?

This is a terrible addiction...... terrible! Did I mention I also bought
them their own small 10" box fan to keep the air gently moving in their spot
in the sunroom? I'm an orchid junkie.

When I got home and started placing them in the sunroom I noticed some
shriveled pseudo-bulbs I couldn't bear to toss out have small sprouts on
them!!!!!!!!

Old 29-03-2007, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'm an orchid junkie.

Unfortunately, that admission only works when attempting to rid oneself of
drug addiction or alcoholism. It will not start you on the path to recovery
from orchid addiction.

Nice try. Sorry!

Diana ;oD

Old 30-03-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
I'm an orchid junkie.

Unfortunately, that admission only works when attempting to rid oneself of
drug addiction or alcoholism. It will not start you on the path to
recovery from orchid addiction.

Nice try. Sorry!

I would only relapse anyway. ;-)

Old 30-03-2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hello...

Speaking of addiction....

Last weekend, that was our annual orchid show here in Montreal.
I HAD to buy:

Dendrobium kingianum
Phal luddemanniana
Phal equestris var alba ( spiking )
Phal cornu-cervi var alba ( also spiking )
Phal cochlearis
Phal Super Stupid X Golden Sun ( 3 for $5.00 )
A voodoo lilly

I`m sooooo addicted.......

Claude

Old 30-03-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mar 30, 9:35 am, "Claude" wrote:
Hello...

Speaking of addiction....

Last weekend, that was our annual orchid show here in Montreal.

i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

Old 30-03-2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You will unseat everyone in the car! "Excuse me, excuse me, is my four foot
wide Cattleya bothering you? Soooooooooo sorry!"

Heh.

Diana

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 30-03-2007, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote in message
oups.com...
i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

No need to limit yourself to a shirt pocket..... Boxes fit conveniently on
your lap, yes? Something the size of an Amazon box would do nicely. And/or
those white plastic grocery bags can fit quite a few 3 to 4 inch pots in
them..... hang from the wrist well, too, leaving hands free for more
shopping. Culture sheets can add just a soupcon of structure to the bag in
case there's something delicate inside that won't bear too much jostling.

There's nothing quite so fun as walking through a crowd with your Cattleyas
on display! Makes you think that's what being famous is like, everyone's
head turns towards you, people stop what they're saying and point and go
'Oooooh!' At least, I *hope* its the orchids they are pointing at, not the
toilet paper stuck to my shoe..... *G*

K Barrett

Old 30-03-2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

-vigorously shaking head-

nope nope nope.

i'm probably going museum hopping afterwards; can't be lugging plants
all over the city.

--j_a

Old 31-03-2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello...

Speaking of addiction....

Last weekend, that was our annual orchid show here in Montreal.
I HAD to buy:

Dendrobium kingianum
Phal luddemanniana
Phal equestris var alba ( spiking )
Phal cornu-cervi var alba ( also spiking )
Phal cochlearis
Phal Super Stupid X Golden Sun ( 3 for $5.00 )
A voodoo lilly

I`m sooooo addicted.......

I would have done the same thing. I've learned to leave my card home when I
know temptation may get way out of hand.

Old 31-03-2007, 04:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

No need to limit yourself to a shirt pocket..... Boxes fit conveniently on
your lap, yes?

Screw that. Do what I do at Redlands and Chicago: just mail the suckers
back to yourself and travel without the burden or worry! Then there's NO
LIMIT!!!! hahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Old 31-03-2007, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

In article ,
Steve wrote:

i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

Yeah..... Well, good luck with that. ;-)

-sigh- yeah, i'll let y'all know how i do. (unless i do really badly,
in which case i'll be too embarassed to admit it.)

[chant] no room for four foot catts, no room for four foot catts [/chant]

--j_a
Old 01-04-2007, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

unknown wrote:
In article ,
Steve wrote:

i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

Yeah..... Well, good luck with that. ;-)

-sigh- yeah, i'll let y'all know how i do. (unless i do really badly,
in which case i'll be too embarassed to admit it.)

[chant] no room for four foot catts, no room for four foot catts [/chant]

--j_a

Hmmm! Have 4 four foot cats and they don't bother the orchids.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

unknown wrote:
In article ,
Steve wrote:

i'm going to the GNYOS show next month; i'm taking the train because
a) it's convenient and, b) it will (hopefully) preclude me from buying
anything that i can't stick in a shirt pocket to bring home.

--j_a

Yeah..... Well, good luck with that. ;-)

-sigh- yeah, i'll let y'all know how i do. (unless i do really badly,
in which case i'll be too embarassed to admit it.)

[chant] no room for four foot catts, no room for four foot catts [/chant]

--j_a

Hmm! We've got 4 four foot cats and none of them bother the orchids.