Old 07-04-2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Happy Easter!

Or, if you don't do Easter, then the best Passover ever. At least, hello,
Spring!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...=1198926027958

Diana & Frank

Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Gene Schurg wrote:
Spring....what is this thing you call Spring?

I woke up this morning to the blooming dogwoods covered in snow!

Brrrrrrrr

Gene

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message

Or, if you don't do Easter, then the best Passover ever. At least, hello,
Spring!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...=1198926027958

Diana & Frank

Agreed - one foot of new snow fell Thursday. Hard to use the rototiller.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I don't believe it. Al Gore is all wrong!

The last frost in our area is around the 20th of April. I have annuals and
veggie plants under lights and all over the floor of the greenhouse that
need to be hardened off. Before I can do anything in the greenhouse I have
to carry a dozen trays of plants back into the basement to gain access. I
need real spring weather.

Gene

Old 08-04-2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Spring....what is this thing you call Spring?

I woke up this morning to the blooming dogwoods covered in snow!

Last night we had such a severe freeze it took all the buds on the iris, the
azaleas and the leaves on the many hostas. We suffered a lot of garden
damage last night. :*(

Brrrrrrrr

Gene

Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
newsrWRh.230$ok6.134@trnddc07...
I don't believe it. Al Gore is all wrong!

The last frost in our area is around the 20th of April. I have annuals
and veggie plants under lights and all over the floor of the greenhouse
that need to be hardened off. Before I can do anything in the greenhouse
I have to carry a dozen trays of plants back into the basement to gain
access. I need real spring weather.

Gene

Our last frost date is 4/15 but we've had light frosts as late as 4/20. I
wish we had a basement. My sunroom is packed with plants as is our small
greenhouse. I can barely get in the door. I think we're going to purchase
another, larger greenhouse. We've been looking at the Rion's.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

This is very much like what happened when we were kids. Sometimes April was
wonderful. Other years, we had snow and cold. Adjust, because the planet
does.

Diana (It's lovely here right now, mid seventies, but the nights are down in
the 50's, which is unusual for April.)

Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Or, if you don't do Easter, then the best Passover ever. At least, hello,
Spring!

Happy Easter back at you but that spring thing is no where to be seen.
Our high today was 27, starting out in the teens. Between that and the
blazing head cold I picked up somewhere, I didn't even set foot outdoors.
My cold should pass soon and the snow will end eventually, but not soon
enough.
I guess this turned out to be my own rant. End of rant and back to bed
for me.

Steve in the Adirondacks (which right now, seems like a ridiculous place
to be growing orchids).