Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Off topic

A cat who takes the bus. Hope the link works

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&expand=true

K Barrett

Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

It worked. What a great story! He reminds me a little of Casper the Wonder
Cat, LOL!

Diana

. ..

Old 13-04-2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

"K Barrett" wrote in message
A cat who takes the bus. Hope the link works

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&expand=true

K Barrett

Don't miss the second article - 'Taking the cats for a walk.' When
the kids were toddlers, we had cat that would walk with us.
Old 13-04-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

wrote:

It worked. What a great story! He reminds me a little of Casper the Wonder
Cat, LOL!

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
A cat who takes the bus. Hope the link works

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&expand=true

K Barrett

Don't miss the second article - 'Taking the cats for a walk.' When
the kids were toddlers, we had cat that would walk with us.

My cat fetches like a dog...

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 13-04-2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

One of my cats will roll over on command and walks with me to get the
paper and mail at the top of the property. He really likes attention
and he is very smart. The other cat doesn't do anything but vibrate
when I pet it; which is actually sufficient...

My recently deceased (3 years ago) dog, Bam-Bam would sneeze on
command. It was real hoot. Talk about Pavlovian conditioning. She
never did learn to roll over, however and she never took a bus
anywhere.

"Your cat rolls over and your dog sneezes when you tell it to. You
most have a lot of time on your hands."

My cat fetches like a dog...

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit- Hide quoted text -

Old 13-04-2007, 10:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote in message
oups.com...
One of my cats will roll over on command and walks with me to get the
paper and mail at the top of the property. He really likes attention
and he is very smart. The other cat doesn't do anything but vibrate
when I pet it; which is actually sufficient...

My recently deceased (3 years ago) dog, Bam-Bam would sneeze on
command. It was real hoot. Talk about Pavlovian conditioning. She
never did learn to roll over, however and she never took a bus
anywhere.

"Your cat rolls over and your dog sneezes when you tell it to. You
most have a lot of time on your hands."

Ok, I simply couldn't pass on this one........ He is a Dr. Do Little! ! ! !
Cheers Wendy

Old 14-04-2007, 01:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I've got a good one for you:

We have a long-haired tabby - Pierce - who likes to go on "walkabout". One
time he was away for 9 months...

He "escaped" the week between Christmas and New Years. We feed him on the
front porch, but he gets freaky when he's outside and appears to be afraid
to come in. The SOB rolls around on the ground looking cute, but bolts if
you make a move to approach him.

I am NOT going to stand for that, so I rigged a simple trap using a steel
milk crate held up with a stick to which a string is attached; food
underneath.

After a few days, I saw him under it, so pulled, but he got away. I reset
it and watched a little TV. About 30 minutes later, now mostly dark, he's
fully under it and I GOT HIM!!!!!

with him howling and yowling, I slipped a piece of plywood under the front
door mat he was trapped on, used bungee cords to hold the crate down, and my
wife and I lifted the whole shebang and brought it indoors.

He's still pitching a fit, clawed the crap out of my shoe, drew blood on my
wife, and before we release him into the house, we realize...

It wasn't our cat.

We traumatized a neighbor's cat and alternated between feeling terrible and
uproarious laughter.

He hasn't come back and eater our cat's food since, and just Sunday, I DID
catch ours.

"Wendy7" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
One of my cats will roll over on command and walks with me to get the
paper and mail at the top of the property. He really likes attention
and he is very smart. The other cat doesn't do anything but vibrate
when I pet it; which is actually sufficient...

My recently deceased (3 years ago) dog, Bam-Bam would sneeze on
command. It was real hoot. Talk about Pavlovian conditioning. She
never did learn to roll over, however and she never took a bus
anywhere.

"Your cat rolls over and your dog sneezes when you tell it to. You
most have a lot of time on your hands."

Ok, I simply couldn't pass on this one........ He is a Dr. Do Little! ! !
!
Cheers Wendy

Old 14-04-2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Well, it would be hard to beat Pierce's Great Escape story, but since we're
into cat tales here's how we came to be the servants of Casper the Wonder
Cat.

We lost a beloved cat, "Mousebait", to illness. Frank said, through tears,
never again, which is the way lots of people feel after losing a pet friend.
But time went by, and I believe every house should have a cat, so there we
were at the Humane Society one day. Amid all the adorable kittens, Frank
said, "How about him?", pointing at a white cat with a dirty face and blue
eyes. He was about a year old. Thinking *kitten*, I asked, "Him?".

The attendant opened the cage and handed the white cat with the dirty face
and blue eyes to Frank, whereupon our future house mate proceeded to place
both front paws around Frank's neck, strain to reach his face, and give him
copious French kisses all over both ears.

~ The end ~

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
[...]

"Wendy7" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
One of my cats will roll over on command and walks with me to get the
paper and mail at the top of the property. He really likes attention
and he is very smart. The other cat doesn't do anything but vibrate
when I pet it; which is actually sufficient...

My recently deceased (3 years ago) dog, Bam-Bam would sneeze on
command. It was real hoot. Talk about Pavlovian conditioning. She
never did learn to roll over, however and she never took a bus
anywhere.

"Your cat rolls over and your dog sneezes when you tell it to. You
most have a lot of time on your hands."

Ok, I simply couldn't pass on this one........ He is a Dr. Do Little! !
! !
Cheers Wendy

Old 14-04-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Good one! LOL!! A followup to the cat post (from another NG) is this one,
it can't *really* be true, but I laughed till I cried,

| Dwight Nelson recently told a true story about the
| pastor of his church. He had a kitten that climbed
| up a tree in his backyard and then was afraid to come
| down. The pastor coaxed, offered warm milk, etc.
|

| The kitty would not come down. The tree was not
| sturdy enough to climb, so the pastor decided that
| if he tied a rope to his car and drove away so
| that the tree bent down, he could then reach up and
| get the kitten.
|

| He did! All the while, checking his progress in the
| car frequently, he then figured if he went just a
| little bit farther, the tree would be bent
| sufficiently for him to reach the kitten. But as he
| moved a little
| farther forward, the rope broke. The tree went
| boing! and the kitten instantly sailed through the
| air-out of sight.
|

| The pastor felt terrible. He walked all over the
| neighborhood asking people if they'd seen a little
| kitten. No. Nobody had seen a stray kitten. So he
| prayed: "Lord, I just commit this kitten to your
| keeping," and went on about his business.
|

| A few days later he was at the grocery store, and
| met one of his church members that lived behind him.
| He happened to look into her shopping cart and was
| amazed to see cat food. This woman was a cat hater
| and everyone knew it, so he asked her, "Why are you
| buying cat food when you hate cats so much?"
|

| She replied, "You won't believe this," and told him
| how her little girl had been begging her for a cat,
| but she kept refusing. Then a few days before, the
| child had begged again, so the Mom
| finally told her little girl, "Well, if God gives
| you a cat, I'll let you keep it."
|

| She told the pastor, "I watched my child go out in
| the yard, get on her knees, and ask God for a cat.
| And really, Pastor, you won't believe this,
| but I saw it with my own eyes. A kitten suddenly
| came flying out of the blue sky, with its paws
| outspread, and landed right in front of her."

K Barrett

"Ray B" wrote in message
[...]

"Wendy7" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old 15-04-2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Ray B" wrote in message

[...]

"Wendy7" wrote in message

wrote in message
egroups.com...

One of my cats will roll over on command and walks with me to get the
paper and mail at the top of the property. He really likes attention
and he is very smart. The other cat doesn't do anything but vibrate
when I pet it; which is actually sufficient...

My recently deceased (3 years ago) dog, Bam-Bam would sneeze on
command. It was real hoot. Talk about Pavlovian conditioning. She
never did learn to roll over, however and she never took a bus
anywhere.

"Your cat rolls over and your dog sneezes when you tell it to. You
most have a lot of time on your hands."

Ok, I simply couldn't pass on this one........ He is a Dr. Do Little! !
! !
Cheers Wendy

Hysterical - and while I'me reading it, our twenty-two pound ball of
love decides she wants to sit in my lap. She started out tiny, too.
Old 15-04-2007, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hysterical - and while I'me reading it, our twenty-two pound ball of love
decides she wants to sit in my lap. She started out tiny, too.

And mo When Mousebait was a little guy, he was very feisty. Well, he was
feisty to the end, only giving way while sleeping on the bed in such a way
that we were deprived of our favorite spots, LOL!

Anyway, when we got him he was about 3 months old, and had been raised in a
private home by people who bred Ossicats. Mousebait was the product of an
Ossicat Gone Wild, so to speak.

It was time to take the feisty Mousebait to the vet. Yeah, sure! The carrier
was impossible. We got him into a box. He put one paw through the box like
Max Baer. Oops! Seal that side of the box! Another paw came through the
other side, like Ali! Suffice to say that by the time we got to the vet, the
box had air holes on top and duct tape everywhere else. We walked in
exhausted, holding this box with air holes, and said "Here! Take this!" and
handed them the box full of feisty kitten, punching away. He was special.
Aren't they all?

And how can I forget that when we move here to FL, there was a cat outside.
Such a pretty animal! I thought it needed some love, so I did my usual
"Here, kitty, here, beautiful kitty!". It hissed and spat and spat and
hissed some more. Then Frank came outside and said, "Um, honey, it's a
bobcat.....".

What do I know? City girl here!

Diana