Old 22-04-2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Cyp Acaule Soil Mix

Hi, Years and Years ago someone posted a really good soil mix and also the
recipe for white vinegar to distilled water to grow Cyp Acaule's. Are you
still here or does someone out there have a good soil mix etc?

and before you ask YES YES These are from a legitiate nusery that grows
them in propagation, not a digger!!!

Thanks,

Glenn

Old 24-04-2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I've grown them in just "Nature's Helper" composted pine bark (sold as a
soil amendment at Home Depot or Lowes) and they seemed to do ok (until I
moved to a new house and left them under the deck in undrained trays for six
months, lost a lot of them after that treatment.) I think the vinegar is
supposed to be something like 1/3 cup per gallon, you could probably ask
Carson Whitlow at Cyp. Haven.
-danny

Old 25-04-2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks Danny! Just fyi, if you like Acaule's there is a nursery on EBAY that
propagates them and offers them very reasonably. I won't mention the name as
I am not sure this newsgoup allows that but I could email it to you.

Thanks again for the advice,

Glenn

Old 25-04-2007, 10:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Glenn,

We have a long-established agreement here that it's no problem mentioning
company names, or even having the proprietor stating "We have something new.
If interested check us out at the URL below." The rule-of-thumb is that we
avoid the posting of price lists and the like.

ink.net...

Old 26-04-2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi Ray thanks for the update. Actually you are the person I remember in this
group from year's ago. I bought from a couple of your auctions. and some of
your clear pots and stuff. Hope you are doing well.

BTW,

My nice Acaules came from HirtsGardens on EBAY.

Regards,

Glenn

"danny" wrote in message
I've grown them in just "Nature's Helper" composted pine bark (sold as a
soil amendment at Home Depot or Lowes) and they seemed to do ok (until I
moved to a new house and left them under the deck in undrained trays for
six months, lost a lot of them after that treatment.) I think the
vinegar is supposed to be something like 1/3 cup per gallon, you could
probably ask Carson Whitlow at Cyp. Haven.
-danny

Cyp. kentuckiense from the side view Ray B Orchid Photos 0 31-05-2007 10:00 PM
Cyp. acaule danny Orchid Photos 5 14-05-2007 03:59 AM
Potting soil/container mix report Pat Kiewicz Gardening 0 30-05-2003 04:09 PM
[IBC] Soil Mix for Cuttings Tony Busko Bonsai 3 30-04-2003 12:57 AM
[IBC] Soil Mix & Size John NJ Bonsai 0 23-04-2003 07:32 PM