Old 24-04-2007, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Oncidium question

I have four Phals and an Oncidium. The Phals are doing great. Three
are blooming for the second time (two spikes each). The Oncidium
however stopped blooming about 5 months ago and doesn't show any signs
of flower spikes. The leaves look good and it keeps growing new ones.

I've been treating the Oncidium the same was as the Phals. Is that
the right thing to do?

Old 24-04-2007, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Jane wrote:
I have four Phals and an Oncidium. The Phals are doing great. Three
are blooming for the second time (two spikes each). The Oncidium
however stopped blooming about 5 months ago and doesn't show any signs
of flower spikes. The leaves look good and it keeps growing new ones.

I've been treating the Oncidium the same was as the Phals. Is that
the right thing to do?

Yes. Don't worry about no flowers for 5 months, no plant can bloom
forever. Some orchids will bloom two or three times a year, but many
only once. If your plants look good and they are growing, then you are
probably doing fine. You should see flowers within a year of the
previous blooming, if it goes much longer than that then you should
start getting concerned.

Rob
--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 25-04-2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -www.firstrays.com

"Rob" wrote in message

Jane wrote:
[...]

Yes, I read about that someplace else. Unfortunately I don't have any
place sunnier to put it. Guess I'll just give it more time and hope
for the best.

Oncidium question Jane Orchids 11 20-05-2011 06:15 PM
rookie oncidium question eeyore Orchids 2 06-10-2007 08:25 PM
Question about Oncidium! Claude Orchids 1 19-02-2004 02:54 AM
Question about Oncidium! Claude Orchids 0 19-02-2004 02:22 AM
Cold tolerance of Oncidium Sharry Baby Wink Orchids 13 13-03-2003 12:45 AM