Old 25-04-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Phal buds turn red...

All,

I'm a newbie to caring for orchids, and recently acquired my first
Phal Brother Saragold Orchid plant (a week back).

The plant came with one flower and 4 buds waiting to flower.

The larger of the 4 buds opened up immediately, that was very
rewarding.
However, the other buds haven't opened yet. They have changed their
colours slightly:
1 bud is still large (and green) and waiting to blossom.
2nd bud (medium size) has not blossomed and has a slight darkish
colour on it (mostly green)
3rd and smallest bud has turned reddish-orange.

I have only watered this plant once until now - and that was without
orchid food. I am currently keeping it over a glass of water to keep
it humidified.

Can you tell me if I need to do something to take care of this plant -
is it sick or doing fine?

Thank you all so much
Saket

Old 26-04-2007, 10:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Apr 25, 6:58 am, "Kenni Judd" wrote:
See responses to your first post. wrote in message

oups.com...

There are several websites that pick up feeds from usenet's
rec.gardens.orchids and present them to their users as their own.
Google's orchid news group is one such web based group, although they
do try to make it clear that some of their groups are really feeds
from usenet. Three or four websites actively try to disguise this
fact.

I suppose it is possible for it to work in reverse: for the unwary
newbie to go to different orchid groups on the web and post the same
question creating the illusion *here* that they are posting the same
question repeatedly.

Just thought I would plant the idea out there.... I don't know if
that is what's happened with this thread or not.

Old 27-04-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yes, I am currently using google groups to view this newsgroup. I
broke something on my computer and now it won't let me access usenet
using a newsreader...any newsreader. It is kind of weird. and I
have not had the time to unscramble the problem. So I am not
currently getting the binary abpo.... just here.

and I can't figure out how to make google groups hide real email
address so I feel like spam-bait when I send messages

Actually I was amazed at how long it took my post to show up using
google groups. The time stamp shows it was posted at almost 6pm but
it was send out of my computer almost 90 minutes earlier. I almost
wrote my message again because I thought it got lost.

I don't think that's the case this time. If I'm reading the headers
right, both messages were posted to RGO using google groups. Actually
the headers on your reply show you using google groups too. Is that
true, Al?

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Old 27-04-2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I didn't mean to be rude -- and I can understand mass-posting panic in a
newbie G. Sometimes, after sending a duplicate post, those same newbies
forget to scroll down ... Kenni
oups.com...

Old 27-04-2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Al, there was an occasion when I was having a terrible time accessing rgo,
and I posted a help question here through Google groups. IIRC, it took
almost a day to show up here.

Doesn't changing your return addie work with GG? That doesn't make sense.
But then, I'm no expert.

Diana

oups.com...

Old 28-04-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi, Diana: Yes, all the addresses at jborchids.com are working. Thanks for
checking up. Kenni

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
I didn't mean to be rude -- and I can understand mass-posting panic in a
newbie G. Sometimes, after sending a duplicate post, those same newbies
forget to scroll down ... Kenni
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
red beauties won't turn red Brenda Edible Gardening 0 13-08-2004 04:28 AM
Why won't my tomatoes turn red? Rusty Hinge United Kingdom 6 04-08-2003 11:12 AM