GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   LOOKING FOR GROWER.................. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/158330-looking-grower.html)

MaryMind 09-05-2007 04:23 PM

LOOKING FOR GROWER..................

Hi,
I'll be visiting friends in North Port FL later this month and would
love to gift them with an orchid as a house/housewarming gift.
Is there a grower in that area you can recommend to me?
Being as this is their second home are there orchids you can recommend
that will do well in their garden without too much fussing?
Thanks for your help.
MaryMind

MaryMind 11-05-2007 02:02 PM

LOOKING FOR GROWER..................

Hello, Diana,
North Port is in between Fort Myers and Sarasotan just above Port
Charlotte. Thanks for answering my inquiry!
MaryMind

Diana Kulaga[_2_] 11-05-2007 08:55 PM

LOOKING FOR GROWER..................

Here are a couple in the general area. As far as which type of orchid, if
they aren't home much you might want to consider a mounted Dendrobium, which
can be hung out in a tree where it will get hit by the sprinkler system.

http://canaimaorchids.com/index.html

http://www.florida-suncoast-orchids.com/

HTH
Diana

Roy[_2_] 13-05-2007 04:13 PM

LOOKING FOR GROWER..................

Mary

Check out Fenders Flora & Venice Orchids in Venice. They are located at the
same place. Also they have good plants.

http://www.fendersflora.com/

Roy