Old 23-05-2007, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default did I mention?

I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

Old 23-05-2007, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

I'd like to see that. I have one, also for probably around ten years,
also never blooms. Anyone have one which blooms more readily and if so,
any tips?
Old 23-05-2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:43:53 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

I had an orchid called wendlandii. Genus not known - well, I don't
remember. In about ten years it never bloomed so I gave it to someone
else. Now it produces flowers every year! It is in a cold damp
wash-room.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com
Old 23-05-2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote:

I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be
something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with
only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

I had an orchid called wendlandii. Genus not known - well, I don't
remember. In about ten years it never bloomed so I gave it to someone
else. Now it produces flowers every year! It is in a cold damp
wash-room.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com

I wonder if that might not be it, too! I turned off the heater in teh gh
this winter, so everything got real cold - well not *that* cold, nothing
below 50F even during the freeze we had.

K Barrett

Old 23-05-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote:

[...]

I can't remember the orchid he was referring to, probably
Den. Aggregatum, but one of the guys at Orchid Trail was
saying "They won't bloom if they're always happy with their conditions.
Make them a little unhappy after they've been happy a while and they
bloom."

I wonder if the same applies.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

Old 24-05-2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:43:53 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

Woo hoo, Kath! I think that's a record for patience.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 24-05-2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:43:53 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

I finally got a Bulb wedlandii to bloom after 9-10 years? Must be
something
to this watering/feeding thing. Only bloomed for me once before, with
only
one flower (iirc). This time there's 3.

I'll get a pic for abpo tomorrow (when its light outside, *G*)

K Barrett

Woo hoo, Kath! I think that's a record for patience.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

LOL! It is for me anyway!