GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/160090-p-baldans-kaleidoscope-golden-treasure.html)

BruceM 14-06-2007 04:25 AM

P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'

Just curious how many other posters and lurkers here have this one. I have
had mine for 2 years, and it has been in continous bud the entire time. The
longest it has gone is 4 days without open blooms, and it and has always had
at least two spikes blooming.

Claude[_2_] 14-06-2007 11:38 AM

P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'

Hello!

I also have the Baldan`s kaleidoscope `Golden Treasure` AM/AOS and it is a
reliable bloomer for me as well.
Although mine has suffered of a massive insect infestation and has lost
almost all of it`s leaves, it manage to grow a spike and blooming since last
january !

Phalguy

Lee 14-06-2007 04:06 PM

P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'

Bruce,
Baldan's are a dime a dozen and a popular orchid. I have one of that
cultivar 'Golden Treasure' with blooms opening again now during summer
on a fresh spike (not a secondary spike). Although I've had it a long
time, if I recall, it is one purchased as a box store 'rescue'. I do
not pick up stray cats, but often take pity on orchids. lol. It is a
frequent bloomer and obviously it can send a spike without 'cool
induction'. This may be coincidence but it may be a quality that
contributes to it blooming more often.
I'll be watching for comments from others.
Lee

Diana Kulaga[_2_] 14-06-2007 08:42 PM

P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'

I have it. It's a hardy cuss, having once come back from the dead. It blooms
reliably, but for me not constantly. Love it.

Diana

oups.com...