GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   crickets/grasshoppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/162336-crickets-grasshoppers.html)

Frank H. Kirchner 29-07-2007 07:26 PM

crickets/grasshoppers

Hi all-

Hope summer is going well for everyone and that you are having good growth
on your orchids.

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of the group can give me some guidance for
controlling grasshoppers and crickets in the orchid collection. Right now,
most of the plants are outside and my annual crop of crickets/grasshoppers
are beginning to appear. Suggestions for managing these voracious pests?

Thanks and happy growing.

--
Frank H. Kirchner

Duncan[_2_] 02-08-2007 06:01 PM

crickets/grasshoppers

I dont know if you can buy them this time of year but my IPM supplier ( The
Bug
Factory) recommends praying mantids. They eat just about anything and they
are very cool looking.

[email protected] 08-08-2007 10:04 PM

crickets/grasshoppers

get a duck.

http://wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1212860

--j_a

Kye 09-08-2007 01:26 AM

crickets/grasshoppers

I was under the impression that ducks are worse than chickens for eating
seedlings...

--
Yours Sincerely
Kye

oups.com...

[email protected] 09-08-2007 04:33 PM

crickets/grasshoppers

On Aug 8, 8:26 pm, "Kye" wrote:
I was under the impression that ducks are worse than chickens for eating
seedlings...

hmm. duck under supervision perhaps?

--j_a