Old 04-08-2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default FS: Wild orchids of Lazio (Orchidee Spontanee del Lazio)

I am pleased to offer a scarce book on the wild orchids of Lazio,
Italy. Lazio is the region of Rome, south of Tuscany and north of
Campania (Naples, Sorrento).

WorldCat shows only three copies in world libraries (in England and
Holland), but this is incorrect because there are six copies in
Italian libraries. But whether there are three or nine or more copies
in libraries, and there may easily be some copies in national and
local orchid societies, I would guess that there are few in private
collections.

Rossi, Walter and Bassani, Paola
Orchidee Spontanee del Lazio
Published by COOPSIT s.r.l., Frascati, Italy
April 1985
Presumed First Edition
Paperback
176 pp

US$27, including US Media Mail postage, plus California sales tax, if
applicable. Other shipping options are available at additional cost.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept credit cards.

This book is written entirely in Italian and includes a description of
some 63 orchids, including beautiful color photographs of each
variety. I've grown orchids, and none of these flowers are familiar to
me. The first 41pages describe the geography of the Lazio region,
botanical descriptions of general orchid morphology, and illustrations
of how these orchids are pollinated.

Condition:

The book has gotten damp, which has left most pages lightly rippled
with faint staining (which does not affect the photos). Otherwise
there is some light wear and creasing to the cover. There is no
writing or other marks and this is not an ex-library book. Although
the books has its obvious faults, if you like unusual or species
orchids, this is still a book worth collecting.

All books are securely padded and boxed to protect your purchases,
though often recycled materials will be used. If you prefer, I will be
happy to drop ship your purchase directly to your customer, per your
instructions.

Please make checks or money orders payable to Douglas K. McClure.

I thank you for your business and look forward to your response.

Doug McClure
Torrey Pines Rare Books
PO Box 22015
San Diego, CA 92192-2015

To contact me directly, send EMAIL to (single letters all)
DEE_KAY_EMM AT EarthLink.net. [For example .]

Orchard - Apples-Red-Del-CU-4.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 03-06-2009 01:18 PM
Orchidée ridée /V\\iaou Orchid Photos 1 07-11-2008 09:15 PM
Orchidée en bonne santé Laxatif Orchid Photos 0 30-03-2007 05:19 PM
B Maria del Carmen X C bowringiana V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 07-12-2006 02:05 PM
Wild wild rocket Mike Lyle United Kingdom 28 01-08-2004 10:51 PM