GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Neo's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/162787-neos.html)

Robert Lorenzini 07-08-2007 04:01 PM

Neo's

I see references to Neo flowers lasting 2 mo's but my
experience with a shutennou is 3 weeks and I'm told
by a grower that this is normal for all Neo's. It
is so depressing to lose the bloom.

Bob

jadel 07-08-2007 06:13 PM

Neo's

On Aug 7, 11:01 am, Robert Lorenzini
wrote:
I see references to Neo flowers lasting 2 mo's but my
experience with a shutennou is 3 weeks and I'm told
by a grower that this is normal for all Neo's. It
is so depressing to lose the bloom.

Bob

Presumably you mean --Neofinetia falcata--. I have plant that blooms
every year. The flowers last up to a month at the most, depending on
the temperature. The cooler the temps, the longer the blooms last.

I also have a Darwinara . Its flowers last about the same length of
time.

J. Del Col

Robert Lorenzini 08-08-2007 08:07 PM

Neo's

wrote:
I see references to Neo flowers lasting 2 mo's but my
experience with a shutennou is 3 weeks and I'm told
by a grower that this is normal for all Neo's. It
is so depressing to lose the bloom.

Bob

Presumably you mean --Neofinetia falcata--. I have plant that blooms
every year. The flowers last up to a month at the most, depending on
the temperature. The cooler the temps, the longer the blooms last.

I also have a Darwinara . Its flowers last about the same length of
time.

I just ordered a Darwinara, a VF Virgil in spike and a Suikaden in spike.
I just can't help myself.

Bob