GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Removal of Keiki (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/163000-removal-keiki.html)

Maddie 12-08-2007 11:46 PM

Removal of Keiki

I think my dendrobium has formed a keiki. It's about half way up one of the
pseudobulbs and it seems to be a little plant with air roots. Does this
sound like a keiki to you guys? If so, how do I remove it?

Thanks!

Maddie

Ray B 13-08-2007 10:34 AM

Removal of Keiki

Yeah, but I may be one of the few remaining individuals that doesn't own a
video camera...

I do, however, have a series of sequential still shots on how to move a
plant from a seedling pot of moss into semi-hydroponics - both online as
well as part of my talk on the subject.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Ray, this goes with the 'where to cut the phal spike' video....

K Barrett

.. .

Kenni Judd 13-08-2007 03:51 PM

Removal of Keiki

If the pb it's growing from is firm, green and healthy, then grab the keiki
as low as possible and gently rock/twist till it comes off. If the pb is
shrivelled up, then just cut below the keiki. Kenni

.. .