Old 21-08-2007, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Query double posts?

Is it just me, my Vista, server etc., but am getting duplicate posts &
threads. Same date & time but pop up later.

Also anyone seeing these shrink type posts (Em I Fifteen prosecution. . . .
.. & so on), multiples posted.

Just curious,
Cheers Wendy

Old 21-08-2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
al al is offline

no double posts here. Blocked out that rude MI5 peanut a long time ago too.
If only somebody WOULD persecute him....

Old 22-08-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Wouldn't be a trip if he was telling the truth? I mean, how much stranger is
he than an alien who cannot be photographed and who uses aluminum foil for
antennae? FDL!

Diana (Love you, Al! You make me smile!)

Old 22-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Wendy7 wrote:
Is it just me, my Vista, server etc., but am getting duplicate posts &
threads. Same date & time but pop up later.

Also anyone seeing these shrink type posts (Em I Fifteen prosecution. .
. . . & so on), multiples posted.

Hi Wendy,
The problem is almost certainly the news server you use to read these
groups. I had it happen to me a few years ago. Kind of a weird déjà vu
feeling, isn't it? For some reason the server seems to "forget" that it
has those messages already so picks them up again. It should stop pretty
soon.
I rarely get spam messages on here. I don't have anyone blocked so I
have to assume the news server I use must delete messages that are cross
posted to more than some (unknown to me) number of groups. I know they
allow at least 2 groups because I do get messages posted to here and
ABPO at the same time.

Steve