Old 01-09-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
al al is offline

Default AQ Plus v3.0 revised Dics

Mine showed up in the mail last week. I can get all the way through the
installation, but I get error messages when trying to decompress the 40,000
plus pictures. None of them ever get decompressed. I just wondered if
anybody else was having this problem?

Pam G at the AOS has been giving me numerous things to try via email, but
nothing works....

is it just me?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I got it to load just fine on my desktop but it loaded oddly on my laptop (A
mac running Parallels). It works, but occasionally I get an error that
tosses me out of the program. I was going to ask Pam about it, too, but am
too lazy. If its a problem in a real world situation then I'll ask her.

What happened on my laptop was that it got all the way through the install.
and asked for disk 1 to be inserted again... which I did but tehn the disk
was rejected. So I finished up by waiting for the files to decompress.
Which they did after a little more time than it took on my desktop.

The Desktop install went just according to instructions. Like clockwork.

About the decompression.... It "looks" like nothings getting decompressed
for ages, then about 10-15 minutes into the thing you notice that the # of
files changes as well as the date range. I think the first range is from
awards 1932 - 1979, then the second set is from 1980 to present.

Hope this helps.

K Barrett