GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What kind of Orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/164974-what-kind-orchid.html)

Don Sanders 18-09-2007 09:11 PM

What kind of Orchid

Early this year I was given a container pg about twenty Orchids. I do not
remember what kind or how to care for them. The leaves are about three
lfeet long and are. leathery. The bulbs are the size of small dweet
potateos. It bloomed once but I can't recall much about them. All I have
done is kept watered/ I would like to split it up into a couplle of
plants.

Diana Kulaga[_3_] 18-09-2007 10:21 PM

What kind of Orchid

Don,

Your description doesn't quite give the picture we need. Can you post
pictures somewhere (not on this board)? One site is
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids, and there are the free photo sites, too.

Diana

jadel 19-09-2007 12:52 AM

What kind of Orchid

On Sep 18, 4:11 pm, "Don Sanders" wrote:
Early this year I was given a container pg about twenty Orchids. I do not
remember what kind or how to care for them. The leaves are about three
lfeet long and are. leathery. The bulbs are the size of small dweet
potateos. It bloomed once but I can't recall much about them. All I have
done is kept watered/ I would like to split it up into a couplle of
plants.

Are you sure it's an orchid? (annoying emoticon here)

It might be some kind of Eulophia. Just guessing.

J. Del Col

K Barrett 19-09-2007 03:55 AM

What kind of Orchid

Don Sanders wrote:
Early this year I was given a container pg about twenty Orchids. I do not
remember what kind or how to care for them. The leaves are about three
lfeet long and are. leathery. The bulbs are the size of small dweet
potateos. It bloomed once but I can't recall much about them. All I have
done is kept watered/ I would like to split it up into a couplle of
plants.

Google 'Cymbidium pictures' and tell me if that's what your plant looks
like.
K Barrett

Kye 19-09-2007 02:15 PM

What kind of Orchid

I'm betting on Bletilla striata.

--
Yours Sincerely
Kye

Manelli Family[_3_] 19-09-2007 08:59 PM

What kind of Orchid

"Ray B" wrote in message
If you want to split it up and send me a piece, maybe I can ID it for you.

Maybe if he sends all of us a few pieces............ :o)))