Old 06-10-2007, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Kathy's in the news again

http://www.contracostatimes.com/livi...nclick_check=1

Old 07-10-2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Isn't that a great article? The girls were sooo poised & articulate during
the interview. You'd never guess they were 11 and 12 yo. By comparison I
was tongue tied. All freaking out wondering if we were coming over well or
like idiots. Guess it turned out OK! LOL!! I'm still freaking out over the
show. whether we'll have enough judges, whether the display will come
together OK, whether we should paint the lattice panel back drops or leave
them plain, whether the Community Center will put the announcement on the
leader Board like they said they would. Whether I'll need more signs for the
sides of the road etc etc etc. (Can you tell I've never been a show
chairman before?)

Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

So you're the show chair, huh? You're brave, KB! And here I took it
literally when you said you'd pulled back from volunteering, LOL! The
article is great publicity.

You can't have too many signs. Here, plenty of judges always make it; can't
speak for your area. We appreciate it immensely that they always come
through for us. Is this really the first judged show you've had? I seem to
remember a post saying that it is. Or is it that there is separate judging
in addition to show judging?

Diana

. ..

Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The signs will go up tomorrow, and hopefully no one will take them down.
Its the first AOS judging we've done. We belong to the new region, so
it'll take some getting used to for the judges to remember we exist,
too. Its the 3rd show we've done in modern times. We used to do shows,
but then the fellow who led the society died, and no one took on the
task. We finally found a regular venue to hold the show. Hopefully
people will start to look for us annually. If Tom comes it'll make my
year. *G*.

Diana Kulaga wrote:
So you're the show chair, huh? You're brave, KB! And here I took it
literally when you said you'd pulled back from volunteering, LOL! The
article is great publicity.

You can't have too many signs. Here, plenty of judges always make it; can't
speak for your area. We appreciate it immensely that they always come
through for us. Is this really the first judged show you've had? I seem to
remember a post saying that it is. Or is it that there is separate judging
in addition to show judging?

Diana

. ..

Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'll do a rant on signs and disappearance thereof tomorrow. Who's Tom? Tom
Bell?

You sound really excited! Here's to a fantabulous show and turnout.

. ..

Diana Kulaga wrote:
So you're the show chair, huh? You're brave, KB! And here I took it
literally when you said you'd pulled back from volunteering, LOL! The
article is great publicity.

You can't have too many signs. Here, plenty of judges always make it;
can't speak for your area. We appreciate it immensely that they always
come through for us. Is this really the first judged show you've had? I
seem to remember a post saying that it is. Or is it that there is
separate judging in addition to show judging?

Diana

. ..

Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 09:43:16 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Yes, Tom Bell, *G*

Darn it, Kath (or something more emphatic). I've been looking forward to
meeting you at some show, but I'll be in Mendocino with the whole family next
weekend to celebrate our 50th anniversary and sundry other family milestones.
Hope your show is a huge success, and that you'll have some photos on the OS
website.

Tom

Old 08-10-2007, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 09:43:16 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Yes, Tom Bell, *G*

Darn it, Kath (or something more emphatic). I've been looking forward to
meeting you at some show, but I'll be in Mendocino with the whole family
next
weekend to celebrate our 50th anniversary and sundry other family
milestones.
Hope your show is a huge success, and that you'll have some photos on the
OS
website.

Tom

Well, at least now you know what I look like. *G* Have a great time in
Mendocino! Its been years since the last time I was able to get away there.
We used to love to stay at Heritage House. Then it changed hands and I guess
I got busy at work (dang it)(or maybe not...) and haven't been back for
jeez, about a decade.

I just drove up to California Orchids and got a *huge* Angraecum longicalcar
from Mary Nesbitt to raffle off and then went to Raymond Burr winery to get
a couple of bottles of wine (both medal winners) to raffle off as door
prizes. (or somesuch. I let someone else handle that aspect of the show).
Dang! California is really great once you get off the freeway, *G*!
Wonderful weather! Rumor has it that the weather will change by Wed, but in
Mendocino it only makes the place more beautiful. Not many coasts you can
say that about. (I can hear the east coasters squawking now!)

Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:53:11 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

Well *I* still don't know what you look like! I didn't see a photo of you
with that article. Did I miss something?

Hey, Di -
Try the October newsletter of the DVOS - She allows about 1/3 of her face to
show around an orchid!
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Aha! Well, I was off. I thought dark hair and flashing eyes, LOL!

Diana

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:53:11 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

Well *I* still don't know what you look like! I didn't see a photo of you
with that article. Did I miss something?

Hey, Di -
Try the October newsletter of the DVOS - She allows about 1/3 of her face
show around an orchid!
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Bloody VERMIN Cats again, and again, and again, and again....:-(((( Mike United Kingdom 22 03-05-2005 01:59 PM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 09:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 07:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 05:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 03:32 AM