Old 13-10-2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default Dendrobium cuthbertsonii Vendors at WOC

I have a friend who is a species nut (of the nicest kind). She lost a
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii that was white with a pale lemon in the
throat and rose lines on the lip. (not brown lines)

She does not believe there is a vendor in the US that has such a
plant, but does hope someone coming to WOC might.
Anyone know who is scheduled to come?

OR anyone from OZ know if their vendors might be coming? Someone told
her they were the only ones who might have such a find. They said
there were two possibilities, one's name started with W and the other
was 2 initials like J&T. She was not sure beyond that.

Any ides and suggestions?

SuE
Old 13-10-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi there Sue, You might try Brian Gerhard of DUNO Orchids. He always seems
to be at the Santa Barbara
shows.
http://www.duno.com.au/

Cheers Wendy

Old 13-10-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:43:23 -0600, SuE wrote:
I have a friend who is a species nut (of the nicest kind). She lost a
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii that was white with a pale lemon in the
throat and rose lines on the lip. (not brown lines)

She does not believe there is a vendor in the US that has such a
plant, but does hope someone coming to WOC might.
Anyone know who is scheduled to come?

OR anyone from OZ know if their vendors might be coming? Someone told
her they were the only ones who might have such a find. They said
there were two possibilities, one's name started with W and the other
was 2 initials like J&T. She was not sure beyond that.

Any ides and suggestions?

Andy has it in bloom right now. I have it on my want list.

http://www.andysorchids.com

Bob

Old 13-10-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:43:23 -0600, SuE wrote:
I have a friend who is a species nut (of the nicest kind). She lost a
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii that was white with a pale lemon in the
throat and rose lines on the lip. (not brown lines)

She does not believe there is a vendor in the US that has such a
plant, but does hope someone coming to WOC might.
Anyone know who is scheduled to come?

OR anyone from OZ know if their vendors might be coming? Someone told
her they were the only ones who might have such a find. They said
there were two possibilities, one's name started with W and the other
was 2 initials like J&T. She was not sure beyond that.

Any ides and suggestions?

Andy has it in bloom right now. I have it on my want list.

http://www.andysorchids.com

Bob

Oddly, there is still no vendor list on the WOC web site.

Old 14-10-2007, 10:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Sue,

I'm not aware of *any* Aussie vendor who carries D. cuthbertsonii, let alone one
who is going to WOC. A few years ago I purchased a D. laevifolium (same Section
as cuthbertsonii) from Woolfe in Toowoomba, but it's not in their current price
list. - nor yet is cuthbertsonii.

Perhaps John, Reiner or Peter may be able to help? If so, please post here for
my interest.

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:43:23 -0600, SuE wrote:

I have a friend who is a species nut (of the nicest kind). She lost a
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii that was white with a pale lemon in the
throat and rose lines on the lip. (not brown lines)

She does not believe there is a vendor in the US that has such a
plant, but does hope someone coming to WOC might.
Anyone know who is scheduled to come?

OR anyone from OZ know if their vendors might be coming? Someone told
her they were the only ones who might have such a find. They said
there were two possibilities, one's name started with W and the other
was 2 initials like J&T. She was not sure beyond that.

Any ides and suggestions?

SuE

Dave Gillingham

Old 14-10-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:21:11 +1000, Dave Gillingham wrote:
Sue,

I'm not aware of *any* Aussie vendor who carries D. cuthbertsonii, let alone one
who is going to WOC. A few years ago I purchased a D. laevifolium (same Section
as cuthbertsonii) from Woolfe in Toowoomba, but it's not in their current price
list. - nor yet is cuthbertsonii.

Funny I just bought one of these (D laevifolium) from Andy.

http://llorenzini.com/Orchids_files/...0c231d7f6.jpeg

Bob

Old 14-10-2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:18:26 -0400, tenman wrote:
SuE wrote:
Any ides and suggestions?
SuE

Don't know if they'l be at the WOC (no list of vendors on the WOC page I
can find - very odd!) but J&L or chids has a white form listed on their
sale page - might want to contact them for more info.

Thanks everyone. I will let Barbara know. I am sure she has talked
to J&L. They were here not too long ago.
SuE
Old 15-10-2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:46:24 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
That's a very artistic mount, bob. Very nice.

Well thank you.

Bob