GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CA, Check in..... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/166096-ca-check.html)

Diana Kulaga[_3_] 23-10-2007 12:59 AM

CA, Check in.....

To all our buddies in CA, be safe and let us know how you are doing. I dare
say that many of us don't know how your locations relate to the fires.

Diana

Robert Lorenzini 23-10-2007 02:13 AM

CA, Check in.....

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:59:56 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
To all our buddies in CA, be safe and let us know how you are doing. I dare
say that many of us don't know how your locations relate to the fires.

Just sucking smoke with all the ports closed. At least it keeps the humidity
up as it's just 4% out. I will take just about any kind of weather here
over a Santa Ana. My sister in law is just a few miles from Andy's and
she is under first stage evacuation alert. I don't think Andy's is at
risk other than smoke and ash. That ash is really corrosive after the
first dew.

Bob
who picked up 7 more species at the Huntington Liberry show on sat.

wendy7 23-10-2007 06:55 AM

CA, Check in.....

We are doing ok, the closest fire is in Irvine which is about 8 miles from
us but the fires are more
in the hills much further away. It's the darn winds that are creating havoc!

I heard a fire chief say that the San Diego fire could go all the way to the
ocean if the
winds don't stop or turn!

Thanks for your concern Diana.
Cheers Wendy