Old 30-10-2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Clowesia Rebecca Northern 'Pink Grapefruit'

Does anyone know of a vendor offering Clowesia Rebecca Northern 'Pink
Grapefruit'. My searches on Google have been unsuccessful. I saw the plant
two years ago and fell in love with it. I balked at the price. Several
months later, after continued longing, I recontacted the vendor and he no
longer carried it. His source plant had died. My attempts to locate the
plant have been futile! My addiction is in crisis mode!!

Lessons learned, buy an orchid when it's available if you love it. You can
always sell/trade it later!!

Any leads as to where I can track this down this beauty would be greatly
appreciated.

Happy growing! Fall is a wonderful time in the greenhouse!

Frank H. Kirchner

Old 30-10-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I can't believe this one is out of production.... You could ask Sunset
Valley Orchids, Cal Orchids, Santa Barbara Orchid Estate, J&L or Hoosiers.
After that I got nothing.

K Barrett

Old 30-10-2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Try Fred Clarke (Sunset Valley Orchids). I think I got one from him a
few years ago.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thank you all for responding.

With your help, I have been able to track down a division and am one happy
orchidist!

I appreciate your help in getting this plant. Now I just get to grow it!

Frank

Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Oct 31, 8:51 pm, "Frank H. Kirchner" wrote:

I appreciate your help in getting this plant. Now I just get to grow it!

be sure and post a pic when it blooms.

--j_a

Memorial for Rebecca Northen nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson Orchids 0 23-05-2004 07:19 AM
RIP Rebecca Northen K Barrett Orchids 3 15-05-2004 11:05 PM
Rebecca Northen orchids Clare Sleeter Orchids 3 11-05-2004 01:07 AM
Catasetum Rebecca Northen 'Grapefruit Pink' Shell Orchids 9 21-12-2003 01:12 AM
Clowesia rosea Rob Halgren Orchids 0 29-04-2003 02:56 PM