Old 13-11-2007, 07:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default What to do when your orchid blooms?

Thanks for the info Miss Taz,
You are really down under! Tasmania the chunk that broke away from
Australia, at least it
looks that way on a map & it looks lovely & green.
I really need to concentrate on feeding my cymbidiums a bit more
especially to
promote blooming.
Would love to see some pics of your place. (Have you looked at
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids)
Cheers Wendy

"MissTaz" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 8, 2:16 am, "Wendy7" wrote:
Dear Miss Taz,
I would do a happy dance!!!

Hey Wendy,

I live in Tasmania, Australia so it's not the warmest of climates.
I keep the orchids outside in a garden bed so they surrounded with
other plants, it keeps the wind from being a problem and also protects
them from too much sun.

I generally water them weekly spring through summer and monthly the
rest of the year (unless it rains, then I take that into account)

Feeding is about the same as watering however I do tend to forget to
do it but it's never been a problem!

Just how do you tend to your cymbidium to get it to bloom?
What zone do you grow in?
I have over 300 of these & very few bloom for me?
Cheers Wendy"MissTaz" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, do I need to do anything special now that my
orchid is blooming?
I have a cymbidium and its just starting to open up.

Thanks,

Old 23-11-2007, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Nov 13, 5:29 pm, "Wendy7" wrote:
Thanks for the info Miss Taz,
You are really down under! Tasmania the chunk that broke away from
Australia, at least it
looks that way on a map & it looks lovely & green.
I really need to concentrate on feeding my cymbidiums a bit more
especially to
promote blooming.
Would love to see some pics of your place. (Have you looked at
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids)
Cheers Wendy

"MissTaz" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Nov 8, 2:16 am, "Wendy7" wrote:
Dear Miss Taz,
I would do a happy dance!!!

Hey Wendy,

I live in Tasmania, Australia so it's not the warmest of climates.
I keep the orchids outside in a garden bed so they surrounded with
other plants, it keeps the wind from being a problem and also protects
them from too much sun.

I generally water them weekly spring through summer and monthly the
rest of the year (unless it rains, then I take that into account)

Feeding is about the same as watering however I do tend to forget to
do it but it's never been a problem!

Just how do you tend to your cymbidium to get it to bloom?
What zone do you grow in?
I have over 300 of these & very few bloom for me?
Cheers Wendy"MissTaz" wrote in message

roups.com...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, do I need to do anything special now that my
orchid is blooming?
I have a cymbidium and its just starting to open up.

Thanks,

Yep I really am from Tasmania
I will see if I can attach a photo of my orchid for you to have a look
at.