GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rehydrate pseudobulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/166579-rehydrate-pseudobulbs.html)

Mark_OK 08-11-2007 08:30 PM

Rehydrate pseudobulbs

Some of the conidium's I have rescued the pseudobulbs are shriveled. Even
though they are showing growth the bulbs don't seem to be changing. Will
they eventfully regain their form or are they done for?

Kenni Judd 08-11-2007 09:18 PM

Rehydrate pseudobulbs

Do you perhaps mean Oncidiums?

In general, a badly shrivelled pb will never "plump up completely." The
newer ones should fill out at least a little, the oldest ones probably not
at all. It's nevertheless best to leave all of them on unless they are
diseased or completely desiccated; the new growth uses whatever stored
energy may be left in them.

After you have 2-4 nice-looking new pbs, then it would be safer to do
"cosmetic" removal of the older shrivelled pbs. Kenni

Mark_OK 08-11-2007 10:10 PM

Rehydrate pseudobulbs

Yes I meant Oncidium. If I had mistyped that any worse I might have been
band from the group!

Thanks for the info.

. ..

Diana Kulaga[_3_] 09-11-2007 12:28 AM

Rehydrate pseudobulbs

Don't worry, Mark. We'll never band you from the group!

Diana ;oD

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
. net...
Yes I meant Oncidium. If I had mistyped that any worse I might have been
band from the group!

Thanks for the info.

. ..